Thread: VXR Performance Centre

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

VXR Performance Centre

With rumours that 888 may build a Vxr performance Centre and that it is being thought about and being evaluated, I thought it was funny to read this:

http://www.mitech.co.uk/news/popups/popup_triple8_2.htm
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice find ....

"MiTech helps Triple Eight Race Engineering Save 30% on High-speed
    Network Infrastructure

VXR Performance Centre uses unique Pair Based Design cabling to reduce costs

Triple Eight Race Engineering today announced that MiTech, its long-term technology partner, has completed the installation of an advanced IP network infrastructure at its brand new VXR Performance Centre, which opens next year.

The VXR Performance Centre will offer all Vauxhall customers the chance to enhance the performance of their car by leveraging the technology and expertise of the VXRacing team, which is run by Triple Eight.

The Triple Eight network is the first Pair Based Design (PBD) infrastructure in the UK. It has been built using an optimised design methodology which provides a flexible wired and wireless system. To optimise the design, MiTech identified connection points where users required just two pairs of cable, for example where a PC or laptop could be connected to the network via an IP phone, removing up to 75% of spare infrastructure capacity required in a traditional network build.

The result is that Triple Eight has a state-of-the-art Cat 7 network - the fastest copper system available - at a third of the cost of an industry standard Cat 5 network. The network links the workshop at the VXR Performance Centre to the parts warehouse, engineering team, customer centre and administrative offices, as well as supporting a number of customer services.

It provides high-speed data links and 54Mbps wireless internet connectivity. It also supports IP CCTV cameras, providing security monitoring and a link between the workshop and customer waiting area, enabling owners to monitor the transformation of their cars. Customers will also be able to learn more about VXRacing and Triple Eight from a touch screen information centre and put their driving skills to the test on the networked race car simulator in the customer waiting area while their cars are being prepared.

On completion of a planned conference centre, the network will provide sponsors and corporate customers with the latest IP and audio-visual communications technologies. There are also plans to link the VXR Performance Centre to the trackside when the new season starts in April 2006.

“The VXR Performance Centre is an important showcase for Vauxhall, Triple Eight Race Engineering and VXRacing,” said Ian Harrison, Managing Director, Triple Eight Race Engineering. “It is therefore vital that its build and infrastructure reflect the high levels of performance and excellence that Triple Eight demands from every other element of its business, from car to communications.”

“MiTech was the natural partner for this major network project. I don’t believe there is another company that understands network design to the degree MiTech does. We have worked with the MiConnect team from MiTech on a range of projects over the last 10 years, from the cabling of the factory through to the complex provision of wireless connectivity at trackside and have never been disappointed,” added Richard Walker IT Manager, Triple Eight.

“The MiConnect team explained the benefits of Pair Based Design to us and while we found it difficult to believe the performance increase over cost reduction, we trusted them to go ahead - and we were right to trust our instincts! The network we have in place at the VXR Performance Centre exceeds what we thought possible, both in terms of capacity and budget available. It will future proof us well beyond our current needs, which is excellent.”

This VXR Performance Centre implementation is the latest in a series of projects undertaken by MiTech for Triple Eight, including a wireless network to connect all aspects of the team during testing and race days. It supports the engineers from office to trackside to ensure that vital information on the cars’ performance is shared at all time with the team management and the drivers (even while they’re in the car!). Any glitch could mean the difference between winning and losing the championships. VXRacing, run by the Triple Eight team, prides itself on its engineering excellence and has just secured the BTCC manufacturers crown for the fifth successive year.

“Triple Eight and MiTech have a built a very successful working relationship, because we both believe in driving performance from technology,” concludes Eric Thickett, CEO, MiTech. “Our latest project on the VXR Performance Centre will support a host of new services for Triple Eight, making their engineering expertise available to fans of touring car racing all over the country.” "

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so, could be good to book our cars in now! saves waiting lists....

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by C9SRi
    so, could be good to book our cars in now! saves waiting lists....
    Maybe worth our illustrious leader phoning them when its officially launched see if AS can come down and make a bash of it?

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Mat, I have some more detailed info on the VXR Performance Centre which I will talk to you about on Sunday.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    cheers
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS
    Mat, I have some more detailed info on the VXR Performance Centre which I will talk to you about on Sunday.
    And me Matt
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    And me Matt
    You bet !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmm sounds ver interesting. a vxr tuned by 888

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds good, Id rather go to them than anyone else.
    Id Have my 888 tuned by 888, (Again) at least they know what they are doing, they built it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast