Thread: 888 tuning goodies

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

888 tuning goodies

I was talking to a guy yesterday with a T8 who has been approached by 888 to ask if he wants his car to be used as a test mule for some factory approved upgrades. Hes been told they have engine software ,suspension tweeks and transmission mods to enhance the t8 further.He was also told they might be offering a factory service programme for the t8 ,undertaken by Btcc mechanics.

Has anyone heard anything similar. I own a Coupe turbo and was wanting to upgrade but Im looking for a different tuner to the obvious 2. Should I wait to see.

I am new to the site and thought some of you in the know might be able to help or have some info

Cheers
    M

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    There is talk of a VXR performance centre coming soon. I think that work will be carried out by Triple Eight Engineering.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by challenger
    I was talking to a guy yesterday with a T8 who has been approached by 888 to ask if he wants his car to be used as a test mule for some factory approved upgrades. Hes been told they have engine software ,suspension tweeks and transmission mods to enhance the t8 further.He was also told they might be offering a factory service programme for the t8 ,undertaken by Btcc mechanics.

Has anyone heard anything similar. I own a Coupe turbo and was wanting to upgrade but Im looking for a different tuner to the obvious 2. Should I wait to see.

I am new to the site and thought some of you in the know might be able to help or have some info

Cheers
    M

find out more if you can,is the t8 owner on here? if not why not! wouldnt mind having some extra goodies
    MK4 888 # 10

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting... anyone else got info?
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.tripleeight.co.uk/

On the above website, in the centre of the screen, there is a hint of the VXR Performance Centre.
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    This was posted on the Vxscc website......

Rumours that Vauxhall are about to launch a VXR Performance Centre seem to be gathering pace.

Triple Eight Engineering – the company that runs Vauxhalls touring car team – have been rumoured to be investigating what owners want from an official Vauxhall tuning outlet.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Posted re. the 888 upgrades a few weeks ago now. They are supposed to be offering a 6 speed transmission, lsd and software re-maps.

But tbh, they will only be offering the same kind of upgrades that can already be found, i.e. F40 or M23 gearbox, so nothing particularly exciting. Alsl the costs that they are looking at are astranomical compared to other tuners.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scottyboy,

How do you Know the prices ,and why would they be so much.
    I remember the guy saying that they were aiming to compete directly with other tuners and allready have tested components on a car , The guy was pretty clued up and had no reason to be making it up.
    I dont know if he comes on here , he was at a trackday I attended and had a very tidy T8 with a roll cage in it ,aparently from 888. He also had a trick diff in it he was adament it was not the usual diff on the market.

I wonder now if he was actually testing it for 888.

Anymore info ,anyone got a contact at 888.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure that he wasn't making it up, and was not intermating that he was.

I have had some recent discussions directly with tripleeight regarding the same. David Peace is the guy to contact.

On the cost issue - for example, a simple uprated Sachs clutch from them is £399, Courtenay's price is £220ish for the same clutch kit.

I just can't see tripleeight developing bespoke parts for the road car when the pool of potential customers is so low - it just does not make good business sense - especially with the high cost of tooling for bepoke items. If they also fit the VXR then maybe.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have also been approached for a similar thing, but I'm not sure this stuff is supposed to be public knowledge. MIG was used for a bit of market research on this, see this thread for more info:
    http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=236728
    8 Astras in a row! Can Anyone Beat That?
    Star Silver Astra Sporthatch SRi XP 1.9 CDTi (150PS)
    A Vauxhall site about Vauxhalls.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast