Thread: z20let hesitation

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z20let hesitation

The car was running ok apart from hesitating slightly so put new plugs in, bit better. Had it serviced, not much better and thought it might be the amm. Got a new one from courtenay and put it on and its a lot worse than usual. Will not pull past 80mph in 4th and struggles higher up in 3rd. 2nd seems ok and 5th has a little bit of bother.

Any ideas? Could it be a faulty amm from courtenay? or could it be something more serious? As far as I am aware, it is not chipped and the only thing non-standard is the k&n panel filter.

Any help is muchly appreciated.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Those are syptoms of a knackered AMM. I had similar at 50k when I had to change the AMM. All my turbo's have had was seems like a hesitation when running the OE power pipe. An uprated one cure this.

car always ran spot on when I had it but then I didn't do over 80 as I'm getting old

c
    www.l4leather.com Custom retrims, ICE, alloys, bodykits...list is endless...customer service is second to none. www.collardracing.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was replaced today. I am not having a go or saying its a poo car. Its a great car and am just getting it the way I want it. With the old amm, it was running nearly ok, but hesitant. Tried on the new one and its hesitating like a stuttering bag of nerves.

If the new amm is making it worse, then it must be a duffer? Where can I find those pressure pipes? Had a look around but can't find them. I will try it with a pressure/power pipe and the other amm.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know you were not saying that but I just like to state for the record that the car was, in my opinion of course, running sweet. The powerpipe's are weak hence why vauxhall modified it on the mk5 astra

you can buy powerpipe's from courtney/regal/promotasport etc. Courtenay actually sell one like the new mk5 astra and it's very nice. 2 samco hoses with polished metal pipe in the middle.

chris
    www.l4leather.com Custom retrims, ICE, alloys, bodykits...list is endless...customer service is second to none. www.collardracing.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. It was (although I bought it without driving it... Full confidence not misplaced.)

Ill give courtenay a try. Someone said it could be the air filter oil bridging the amm connections causing false readings?!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    possibly.........amm's are sucha piece of shite and the slightlest thing knocks them off.

technically you did drive it and when i took you out in it the first time i wasn't hanging around and was well into the 90's with 3 up remember.

might be worth speaking to Gavin at Wallace Performance as well.

c

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Good point!!

As said, I love the car and am just getting it the way I would like it. (Angela is delighted the seats are in now! Can hardly get her out the drivers seat!!!)

How is your coupe going?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol....glad she likes em...i was sore for days after that. stripped 2 cars and fitted 2 interiors in 4 hours. can't be bad.

mine is ok thanks, like you i'm getting it how i want it.

dont want a set of turbo alloys do you

c

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    boost leak??
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not allowed the alloys.

I just put the old amm back on and it 'locked' into position? Could the new one I fitted have been out of place slightly and caused the hesitation?

Can't be fecked changing it again. I am at work and its cold outside.

You canged the interior really quick, Chris. I was impressed! You get other wheels for yours now? Priced up some 18" rubbers and they are reasonably not as expensive as I thought they would be. So they are staying.

The car has built a reputation in Tain already. Only a skyline gt-r twin turbo has offered a chasllenge so far!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast