Thread: Brake caliper part number pleeeeease!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brake caliper part number pleeeeease!

Hi, Can anybody please tell me the part numbers for brake calipers for a MkIV 1.8 16v ABS 5 stud axel 280mm diameter disc.

Cheers, Shaylo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tell you there very expensive, try get sum second hand, or ask LMF he got me the best price on a set of new rear calipers, second to oddjobs second hand ones

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    you after a set for the front or rear ??
    i can give you a number for a place in essex

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's 280mm calipers Danny then they must be front calipers as the rears on Mk4 are all 265mm with ABS. There was a brand new caliper on E-Bay the other week, kept seeing it. It's been up twice now and as far as I know it didn't sell last time even at a tenner. Think it was the NSF one.

If I spot it again I'll post a link to it. Failing that I know where there's a set off a GSi for sale.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks. They are the front calipers from a 2001 that I am looking for the part number for. I picked up a new one cheap and it is supposed to be the O/S/F 93184518. I wanted to check it is the correct one and get the number for the N/S/F before I source the the matching one from Vauxhall. I think I have a contact thet might be able to save me a bit off the £85.19 that the dealer wants.

Cheers and thanks for any info, Shaylo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shaylo was it off E-Bay and from someone in Southampton that you got the OSF from? if not then hang on for a bit and see if it comes up again on E-Bay.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Oddjob, yeah, that's the one. £0.99 +p&P. Just need to confirm it is the correct one before I try to match it from Vauxhall.

Cheers, Shaylo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It certainly looked the correct one from the pic mate.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    or you could get a set from a brakers for £40 to £80 mate

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dannysport18, I don't think calipers from a scrappy would be any better than the ones I have. When I changed the discs and pads I checked one of the calipers (forgot to look at the other) and there were some signs of corrosion on the piston under the rubber boot. I think a set from the scrappy would probably be the same. The car still stops OK, I would just like to have confidence that it will continue to stop OK.

Visited the Vauxhall parts dept. today and just for the record here are the part numbers for the standard 5 stud 280mm disc caliper:

n/s/f 09192454
    o/s/f 09192455

They couldn't identify 93184518, possibly the catlogue was not up to date!

Cheers, Shaylo.