Thread: Insurance

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance

Hi guy's ...I' ve recently wrote off my astra 2.0 dti and im looking at gettting a 1.8sport (98 s) as a replacement.
    Does anyone know which insurance companys don't class irmy body kits as mods?????
    cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    None. Whether they charge you extra for it is another matter

Welcome to astra-sport.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    quinn-direct don't i think.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bell Direct dont overly hammer you. I'm 24 with a 2.2 Astra Coupe Fully Comp with a Ł350xs and only paying Ł465 with protected NCB (although do have 7yrs). They have simple check boxes for your Mods etc.

Thats paying the whole lot upfront by Credit Card for a discount. They do you if you pay by installments. Useful Tip, get ya Missus on the insurance if shes claim free. My premium with Bell went down by 75 quid when i added her on.....

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with Bell Direct too, got my gf and her mum on the policy (she's got IAM).
    The sport is only group 7 anyway!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whats the sad face over the 1.8 sport matey??? lol

welcome to AS

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Copied out of one of my older threads.....

from being involved with Norwich onion (or aviva group as now is), and my dad working for various insurance companies over the last 25 years, I have some insight in to how the 'system' works.

Each insurance company keeps tabs on claims made in the past 5 years by postcode area, so if unfortunately everyone insured with Norwich Union near you had a theft from car this would increase your premium. So for some people what can seem like identical circumstances can lead to varying quotes. Sometimes a small company - such as A Flux, or broker might not have many cars registered with themselves in your area and if 1 or 2 cars out of 6 or 7 in your postcode area had a claim - then this too can artificially inflate your risk category.

Further to this, insurance companies will make a loss in the first year hoping for the lazy few not to notice the hike or shop around at renewal time. Again NU Direct is doing this at the moment, Aviva has bought RAC , so they throw in breakdown cover at rediculously low prices.

Outsourcing call centres to india is also allowing the big boys to lower coss further, but at the expense of customer services when things go belly up - try explaining to someone in Bangalore what an Irmscher front grille is!

What can you do to lower your premium.....

Where possible garage the vehicle, add people to the policy who are low risk - adding your parents, spouse or anyone older than you can help. Registering the car at another address - a low risk area (not 100% legal but if its a showcar that you can keep in your parents garage your are OK), lower the annual mileage - assuming that you do below 12k a year, and consider the possibility of paying for the insurance in one lump sum - as often the interest charged on the 'loan' is excessive. Another point to be aware of is if you are paying for insurance monthly - technically you are not paying month at a time - and you could be forced to pay the remaining amount until the end of the policy upon a write off or selling the vehicle!

Hope this explains some anomolies people find
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    /\ good info.

Also I reccomend Elephant.

Another question about the Irmy "kit" - does it count as a body kit that needs to be separetly declared if it was fitted as part of the "sports styling pack" from factory?
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if in doubt declare it.

rue of thumb - if it was standard dont mention it - if it was a cost option - declare it.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    simply declare it as a factory fitted option, there for not increasing your premium
    YOUR FRIENDLY WINDSCREEN MAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast