Thread: It's been a sad sad day

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy It's been a sad sad day

Last Tuesday a close friend of the family gave birth to a 9lb baby boy. It was their 3rd child and came as a complete accident. As Tracy was overweight by quite a lot and not exactly a spring chicken at 38 they had thought long and hard about letting the pregnancy go ahead. They decided that they would and little Conrad was born and Keith the dad was over the moon.

However life has a habit of biting back and Tracy complained this morning about a persistant chest pain. This morning she was rushed to hospital but sadly died in Keiths arms. At this moment they are not sure exactly why she died but it's probably something to do with the birth and her heart.

My family and I are very shocked, all the street was stunned at the news, it's a tragedy that sometimes happens and you really wish it hadn't. Tracy leaves a teenage son and a 10yr old daugther along with little Conrad. Spoke to Keith earlier and he's not accepted the fact yet, he even took all the family out to Liverpool today to pick up a pram for the baby. It will hit him later perhaps, probably at the funeral.

Thought I'd just share this sad news with everyone as it's made me feel better just writing it.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats tragic, cant imagine how the family can cope with that
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thats such a sad story. Life can be so cruel.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A touching and sad story, close to tears.
    Regards
    Rich C

Former owner of Astra SXi.. New owner of a Satin Silver Civic Type R.. "Bye Bye GTi"!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I don't really drink but I'm going out now to get hammered. I'll raise a glass to Tracy and wish her the best on her travels.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Close to tears too!! I have a little baby and not sure what Id do if mammy or baby were not here!!! brings it close to home. My brother died 4 years ago aged 16days old. Gone but never forgotten.... . . . .
    Sold Subject to Status - 2003 MK4 ARDEN BLUE > SEE PIC > ....GSi

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A sad story indeed, and such tragic circumstances - I can't imagine how the family and friends must be feeling.

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So sorry to hear that mate. Things like this make you think of the "what ifs". I'm sure her husband will think of the "what if we didn't have the baby" but on the other hand, it could be totally un-related and just n aweful coincidence. Hopefully loving the newborn will help keep all their minds focused and make the time easier.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that really is gutting news.. read this a few times now, didnt know what to say. Its horrible when this stuff happens, just wish them all the best, and hope the family comes through it alright
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know this is gonna sound on but the way i would think about it is that and the end of the day it has resulted in a new life to the world and nothing is more important than the miricle of life

my thought and prayers are with the frineds and family

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast