Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climate Controll (Retro Fitting)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Climate Controll (Retro Fitting)

Again back to this question about retro fitting climate control to a MK4 Astra..

I won't ask "can it be done?" as I'm a believer in the idea that anything is possible (especially when it is available as a factory option i.e. parts must be interchangable!)

I also won't ask how long it takes, as i can imagine its not something to do whilst the missus watches Corrie..

I am going to ask what parts are needed?.. I think I've read that someone looked into this, and found quite an extensive list of parts needed... does anyone have that list?

My understanding is that I'll need a full interior loom, servo's & possibly an airbox, I've heard mention of a solar sensor (is that part of the windscreen - if so, then new windscreen ), interior temp sensor (where is it normally fitted?), oh and obviously the controls & dash panel...

Now onto the bad part.. does anyone know the cost involved? I understand its gonna be quite a bit, but that doesn't help... I'm calling out to anyone that may have already priced it all up.

Perhaps someone with experience of breakers could help me with a guide price as to how much this lot would cost, and how common are they? Oddjob/Danny/anyone else... have you ever come across any in the breakers? and is it something they're likely to let me buy as a whole?

I'd like to do this upgrade, not just because I want the extra twidly knobs on the dash, but also because it seems like a great challenge to rise to!! If I can source the parts needed, I could document the whole thing, and maybe make a how to! ha ha ha

Ta v.much!
    Stu

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This would be an interesting conversion - am I right in thinking that only the CD version was fitted with climate control as standard?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure about cars that had it as standard.. but it was an upgrade option on most of them IIRC.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A how2 on this would be, eh, extensive??!! Good reading though. Hope it goes well, bud. Anything is possible. (I always wanted to retro fit a standard sunroof!)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Call me nuts bud, but even I wouldn't bother trying to fit a standard sunroof!! what a task that must be to line up correctly etc.. LOL

But yeah, cheers for the encouragment! Will deffinately make a how to if I get it done.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ball ache of a job parts are like rocking horse shit second hand may as well buy a astra with it in, and its rare you ever see me say thet, but cost and time as far as im aware is a major issue,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 2.2 Astra Elegance got climate control as standard. I saw the control box for sale the other week on E-Bay as part of a walnut dash fitting and they'd left it in place. The Elegance got the Walnut dash as well BTW. The dash went for around £10. I did think of buying it but decided it was too much trouble to try and retro fit the climate control.

My daughter has Climate Control on her Corsa C, she thinks it's great.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    its a bitch of a job do to you will need to change air con pumps dash bord if diff all pipes under dash
    cheaper to sell up an buy one with air con

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thought you was in hospital Danny?
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i am ken just out of the word for a bit thats all got to go back soon
    needed some time out there been in the same room since tuesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast