Thread: WHEELS! woohoo!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHEELS! woohoo!

project scrapheapchallenge now has some tasty new wheels to play with, had the money from the sale of the old mk3 burning a hole in my pocket so went shopping today...

Anyway I fancied the wolfrace asia-tec Kendo but couldn't afford 'em, next choice was the asia-tec Samurai, found that Motorworld in Bishop Auckland could order them in for me, but popped across the road to halfords to window shop before comitting myself to anything.

Most of the halfords stuff (mainly TSW's) were pug-ugly until I got to the end of an aisle and found WOLFRACE....ASIA-TEC.............KATANA wheels & tyres in 15" (my size, or at least the size I can afford for now) for..

£240!!!!!!!!!! :

brand new, special offer, and I had the cash in my pocket, BUT (story of my life, there's always a "but" ) they were ****ing FORD fitment! I could have cried

Anyway went back to motorworld to order the more expensive Samurai's and while the guy was calling to order I noticed the catalogue had limited edition Wolfrace Luna D 15" alloys for £349, but the stack of them in the corner were pricetagged as "special offer" at £599??????????? I asked why the special offer was more expensive than the catalogue price. Turns out stupid me hadn't noticed the display stack were 18"s. "but these ones are 15"s" he said, stepping back to reveal a stack of smaller Luna D's behind the counter ready to go.

Anyway, kinda wanted wheels NOW not later so cancelled the Samurai's and took the Luna D's there and then, they are soooooooooo gorgeous! Now sitting in the barn awaiting fitting to the scrapheapchallenge. Got some hot new decals for the back, sides and a custom silver vauxhall griffin logo for the bonnet too.

(rubbing hands in excitement) I'm sooo happy! Can't wait till it's finished, it's going to look great, will post some before and after pics for you guys when it's all done.

Kirsty aka scrapheapchallenge

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Found a pic, they're kinda partway between the Ikon Plus and the Street Mantis but in a darker finish:

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    sounds good - cannot wait to see them on the car.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    look sweet m8!
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"