Thread: Heated seat pads installation

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Heated seat pads installation

I have read most of the threats regarding installation of heated seat pads. However I think most of them are for leather seats. My seats are black with a red cheque effect with extendable thigh support. Has anyone installed heated pads on these seats as Im having problems with removing the seat covers. Problem is there is a crease in the seat which when removing the cover this crease is pinned down and I cannot find how to undo the fasteners to install the heated pad. what is the solution?

Any help is much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could be worth contacting Oddjob.. I know he was planning to do this mod at one point.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was mate but I bought a set of leather seats out of a crashed Turbo Coupe and they already had the pads installed so I sold my elements. However Muppet Mule has done this mod to the same style seats, he may be able to advise on how to get the cover off as he recovered his seats and installed heater pads as he was doing it. There are 3 pads needed for the recaro style seats with the thigh supports.

Give Muppet Mule a PM I'm sure he will be able to help you out.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers to the both of you for the info, I'll PM him now.