Thread: piper viper induction filter - how?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

piper viper induction filter - how?

Ok, i may come across as completely stoopid, but was wondering how you fit one of these onto a Mk4 Astra 2.2? I know you have 2 hoses going onto the standard panel box, what is the process of connecting the hose/s onto the filter? Thanks

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its a cone filter I would not bother fitting it to a 2.2 due to the heat under the bonnet ( the engine would suck up hot air and that is poo ). I would go for a de-restricted airbox and Veccy Pipe. But is you really want to, the top hose on the standard box attaches to the cone ( with parts provided ) and you will need to have an intake hose ( like there is already ) comming close to the cone to try and give it some cold air...

I am sure someone will give you more detailed info and probably tell ya to go for a panel filter and de-restricting aswell...
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Simply remove the standard airbox and inlet pipe from above the radiator.

Fit the spigot of the viper to the big rigid pipe coming from the throttle body and route the cold air feed to the where the original inlet pipe was. Fit any clamps to wherever you can. It might be a problem as due to the design of the 2.2 the Viper will end up facing the wrong way, ie backwards.