Thread: Central Locking Info *** 56K BEWARE ***

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Central Locking Info *** 56K BEWARE ***

I've just got an Central Locking kit for the car, and i'm having some fun trying to find places to put it. It looks like any of the places that it could go the rod connecting the motor to what ever is too short ( i've been trying to connect it to the cable/rod that goes from the inside door locking lever to the lock.

Pictures:

It's a right pain! I know I can bend the rods, but I am looking for somewhere to stick it first. Does anyone have pictures of their astra g with central locking so I can have a guide, I've got a haynes somewhere but with the cleaner always cleaning, shes lost it! ( mrs ).

Kind regards

Gav

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    From factory the CDL is built into the locks on the astra G

From what I remember on the rear doors we either get the servo between the door panel and metal frame above the speaker but that seems unlikely. Or we do as we do the fronts and cut the other sleeving on the cable that operates the door button and secure that so it doesn't bend around to much

Now for a tip mate...... It looks to me like your car is prewired for CDL so rather than running a new loom everywhere cut that one up to mate with the servos in all doors and you will find the other end of them in the drivers kickpanel. Believe me it will save you hours of work
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So cutting the sleeving around the wire/cable leading to the lock should be ok? The only issue I find is that I have manual winding doors and the window gets in the way. So somehow I would have to find a place to put it. I haven't even looked at the front doors. I choose the most unused door which was the back driver side ( kiddies seat ).

So as for the loom thats already in place, your saying I could use that instead of having to use the loom that comes with the kit? Just some minor mod's?

Would any one like some how-to's done for this? Took me hours to find out how to remove the door card.

Cheers

Gav

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Well I know we definatly cut this on other cars, quite possible this is how we did it on the back of the astra g

Yes if you mod the loom in place it will save you running the wires through the door grommets and around the car. I know the wire colours on the car but not on your CDL relay and motors so couldn't say exactly how
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well I have a rear motor in front of me, and that has two wires, which would suggest a control wire and live, or something along the lines of that.

It's green and blue. The master motors have 5 wires, blue, green, brown, white and black.

I've got instructions but they are for the wiring and even that is limited. Basically joined them all together earth it, connect it to the horn and indicators and thats it.... In theory.

Cheers

Gav