Thread: seat plug for heaters

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seat plug for heaters

hi any one know if the plug for the heated seat pads is the black block which is stuck to the bottom of the seats, it has 3 empty sockets , the plugs are under the TC panel for the switches , so im assuming the rest of it is in place any help please
    Astra gtc 1.4 T 140 Sri ,satnav,infinity sound,led rear lights,flexride,AFL+,Tpms,Bluetooth,sight and light,19"s,morello red interior,F+R sensors,vxr kit,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Keith I thought I'd answered this one for you somewhere. Yes it's the black block under the seat. There's a small catch which if pushed up releases the block to slide forward on it's runners. It can then be removed from under the seat with all the wires still connected. Split the block by first removing the red tag (make sure the ignition is off and has been off for at least 15 mins to be safe) now pull and separate the 2 parts of the block. Look at the inside contact area of the loom side of the wiring. If you can see contacts in all 4 blocks your prewired at the seat end, I already know you've got the green and black blocks under the TC panel, the heater elements occupy both the middle 2 blocks. I'll confirm which colour heater block goes in which later.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    Sorry Keith I thought I'd answered this one for you somewhere. Yes it's the black block under the seat. There's a small catch which if pushed up releases the block to slide forward on it's runners. It can then be removed from under the seat with all the wires still connected. Split the block by first removing the red tag (make sure the ignition is off and has been off for at least 15 mins to be safe) now pull and separate the 2 parts of the block. Look at the inside contact area of the loom side of the wiring. If you can see contacts in all 4 blocks your prewired at the seat end, I already know you've got the green and black blocks under the TC panel, the heater elements occupy both the middle 2 blocks. I'll confirm which colour heater block goes in which later.

thanks mate, looked under last night , think i saw some contacts, will check again today
    Astra gtc 1.4 T 140 Sri ,satnav,infinity sound,led rear lights,flexride,AFL+,Tpms,Bluetooth,sight and light,19"s,morello red interior,F+R sensors,vxr kit,

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You dont need to dismantle the connector housing, just check to see if the pins are present in the two largest connectors.

Sport seats have three heating elements per seat, non sports have two.