Thread: icv on astra mk4

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

icv on astra mk4

hi all ,can anyone tell me where my icv will be.ive got an 2001 y plate MK 4 cabriolet.engine type CU6Z18XE...CHEERS ALL
    .P.S ITS THE FLY BY WIRE THROTTLE.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would have thought it was on the TB sum where

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's isn't one on the Z18, so stop looking

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    same as the X18 then, lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydude
    hi all ,can anyone tell me where my icv will be.ive got an 2001 y plate MK 4 cabriolet.engine type CU6Z18XE...CHEERS ALL
    .P.S ITS THE FLY BY WIRE THROTTLE.
    Never heard of a CU6Z18XE, where's the CU6 part come from? engine in that is as Ffoeg says just a Z18XE type, no ICV or EGR valve either.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right guys and galls got a wierd one for you here.bin havin some probs with my astra(mk4 1.8 yplate)when it idles the rev counter hunts up and down slightly and sometimes flicks upwards a couple of mm then settles back down.you can feel the engine jump/vibrate in sync with the rev counter anomally.i replaced the air mass meter the other day and it was spot on for a couple of days(ran like new)but now it seems to be doin it again but intermitent.sometimes it does it and other times its sound.i was thinkink it could be an air leak or somthin like that but not to sure now???cheers for any replies in advance.. ....P.S the car seems to run a lot better when its cold????dont know wheather that can shead any light.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right just replaced cts and throttle body gasket that was lookin a bit naff but no difference.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well if it's a Z18XE engine then it rules out the EGR valve as it hasn't got one. However it could be a couple of things. First and cheapest option would be to clean the throttle body, the area around the butterfly arrangement on the carb looking item. It gets very dirty and covered in a black mess, use a clean rag and some carb cleaner to dissolve it. Check to see if that helps, if it doesn't you may have to look at the coil pack as this could also be the problem. You changed the plugs and all the usual suspects?
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it had a sevice and cambelt just before it started doin it come to think of it.you think it might be the plugs?cant understand why it stopped doin for a bit when i fitted the new afm???proper got me this one!!
    its like a slight misfire.the engine is quiet but abit jumpy/vibratey.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if it had a service the plugs should have been changed mate, suprised, can only guess the coilpack playing silly buggers, check theyve changed the plugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast