Thread: Will this fit?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will this fit my 2.2 Sri?

Will this exhaust I bought fit onto my Sri 2.2? I think something is missing as I can't see this exhaust pushing straight onto my older manifold area. I paid £46 for this full Power Flow system from Ebay . If I have to I will get Power Flow to make up a part to make this fit for me, not sure on what it will cost as I may need the full manifold. My mate said chack to see if my 2.2 has a flexy pipe, not sure what he means lol. Thanks for any info.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also think this system has a Cat replacement pipe, but I know nothing much about exhausts lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello Mark,

The flexy pipe is normally up near the exhaust manifold.

On Mk3's the exhaust manifold has the 2 bolts with the 2 springs, this is to create a good seal when the engine is moving under acceleration or deceleration. The Mk4 probably has a similar arrangement.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chris - the flexi bit on a 2.2 is nothing like that of a MK3 - is part and parcel of the down pipe, just below (after) the pre-cat.

Mark - that pipe looks very long in front of the 1st set of hangers, So I'm assuming that the extension in front of the u-bolt clamp is a de-cat pipe - which your 2.2 won't like .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, the cat replacement pipe does come off, so can I just add my cat to that section? I would rather keep the cat if I can . Will this fit then or will it need an exhaust place to do a few mods. The exhaust is from a 2.0 Astra G, I would think it should fit my 2.2. Thanks for the help

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah - just dump the cat replacement bit and it should fit straight on the back of the standard cat, as 2.0's and 2.2's have the same diameter pipe.

Hopefully the centre section (miniu de-cat section) is the correct length to mate up.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the connection from the cat to my stainless will just push into each other? It will be good if it does just that, then I won't need to visit an exhaust place. I would just fit it myself . Thanks

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It should just slide on, but that up bolt may have distorted the pipe if it's been done up to tight - but you'll only really find that out when you come to fit it.

Give both ends a clean up with some emery to get rid of any rust or exhaust paste and then slap some grease on the ends of both pipe and it will ease the process no end

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Both sides of my exhaust are like new, I don't think the system was that old lol . Thanks mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Geoff you've got me curious here. I was led to understand the engine in the 2.2 was fitted back to front, so inlet at the front and exhaust at the rear? if so and I'd imagine the 2.0 engine was a more standard fitment wouldn't the exhaust on the 2.2 be much smaller in length than the 2.0
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast