Thread: Orange - Internet upgrade

Status
    Cameron Ginger Diaz
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Orange - Internet upgrade

I'm looking at upgrading my good auld faithful Samsung D500 on the internet - but when you're trying to upgrade it constantly says out of stock on the newish phones.

Been with Orange for a few years now - don't wish to change but is there anybody out there that can advise me of getting a new phone without having to go into the shop - I mean I'm paying quite a bit a month - is there anyone who works for Orange who can help?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how about ordering of a phone shop website ie phones 4 u.

Or just put the order in with orange and wait a bit longer until they have them in stock
    life's to fast to go slow. so get the turbo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Phone them up.

And dont phone the upgrade department, phone the cancellations team and tell them you want to stop the contract as you are moving to another provider - they will give you pretty much anything you want. I do this every year.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I`m in the same position, my contract ended today and just want to upgrade the handset as I`m very happy with my new reduced tarrif. When I went into an Orange phone shop the guy said it would cost me £100 to upgrade and I have to sign another 12 month contract. But if I start a new contract the phone will be free, what a rip off.

My phone them tomorrow and mention I`m thinking of changing service providers and see what they say.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Barry, speak to the cancellations dept, not the upgrades lot - cancellations have much more leeway to do deals as they don't like losing a customer

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha sten and ffoeg I used to hate people like you! Now, however I no longer work for the tangerine crew I second that, go for it, just make sure you call IN OFFICE HOURS as after 6pm disconnections/retentions (above called "cancellations") dissapear off home and night shifters cannot give you a new phone.

Be polite but firm that you want to disconnect because you want a new phone, however this only works if you have had your current phone over a year, under this they will NOT give you anything, likewise if you go in all guns blazing and pi$$ off the csr they won't be inclined to help you!

Good indications you'll get freebies thrown at you include:

1 - you're out of contract (had your phone over a year)
    2 - you spend a decent amount of money each month (averaged over the last 3 months to determine your value as a customer and ergo how much they'd like to keep you) - old dears who spend £2 a month tend to get dumped without any attempt to keep them with the network, but if you spend £200 a month they'll be throwing goodies at you
    3 - you're nice to the csr who takes your call. If you call us nasty names we get riled!

Good luck. BTW my sister and brother in law still work there (fools!) so I can assure you there are some nice people still there! I however escaped and got myself a job employed by humans rather than management obsessed demons, and now have some job satisfaction. Less wages, but life is too short to do a job you hate - gimmie the enjoyment and less stress!

Kirsty aka scrapheapchallenge

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't even phone up to cancel, I just send the letter in and let them call me, find the deals are even better then, well with Vodafone anyway.

depends how much you want to keep your number, thats where they get you by the balls....err well not in you case Shev , I couldn't give a monkeys about mine so I'll swap tarrifs at the drop of a hat

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can keep your number whatever you decide - if you want to move to another network you can take the number with you, if you don't want to be on a contract any more and just want to go onto pay as you go (with orange anyway) you get to take your number with you, they even send you a pay as you go sim card free of charge. Also if you fancy the tarriff from another network (eg in my case virgin mobile) on orange they match the most popular network's tarriffs, (not all of them tho) so I'm with the orange network on a virgin mobile tarriff so I pay no line rental and just pay monthly for the calls/texts/data I use, a lot less hassle than pay as you go top ups.

scrapheapchallenge

Status
    Cameron Ginger Diaz
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I called Orange and they weren't bothered whether I end my contract or not - no customer service whatsoever and only offering the Sony Ericsson K750i, Motorola V3 Black and Samsung D600 as an upgrade - Wouldn't mind but I've been a loyal customer and paying at least £60 a month - so any ideas of who to go to?

I have to buy out of my contract because I can only end it on the 3rd January 2006 - do we know how much this would be?

scrapheapchallenge - thanks for your advice but need more

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is what you want - it's bloody superb - but you're not having mine!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast