Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alloy wheel reapir....who's best?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Question Alloy wheel reapir....who's best?

I have just become the owner of some 18" Milli Miglia Ht3 wheels that have some kerb damage on the edge of the rim.I would like to get them repaired so can any one recomend a decent place that will do this for me. I dont want a cheap place I want a place that will do a good job. Also I need a new centre cap for one of the wheels so can any one tell me where i can get new centre caps?? cheers

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whereabouts are you based?
    Wicked wheels are worth a punt, also Lepsons. Steer clear of Spit and Polish, their customer service is appauling (alegedly alegedly)
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Well due to my job i am near norfolk, berkshire and derbyshire and i was looking a B.J.V. Engineering

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Wicked wheels done a nice job of a few sets of wheels for me they did a set of 16's off a sxi on my drive way they have a big van that comes to you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well Paul I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I also own a set of Mille Miglia HT3s and 2 of mine went the same way. Nowhere would touch them, they'd refurb them but not repair them. They tend to buckle as well as flat spot, have you had them on a wheel balancing machine yet as it shows up the buckle quite well. Cost of 2 rims was £350 and that was before Mille Miglia reportedly went out of business. I've still got my 2 old rims sitting in the back yard, if you find somewhere who can mend them let me know. Oh and Mille Miglia wouldn't sell me a wheel centre either, they said I had to buy a new rim however I do have 2 spare off the old wheels somewhere.

I was thinking of buying the rims just for the 2 good rims as I wanted a spare but I've bought a set of Turbo Coupe rims which I may fit instead as the HT3s don't make me feel confident in their strength.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    a company called performancealloys.com said they can get me the centre cap, but as for the repair ill have to see how it goes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I dont think the wheels need repairing as they are just scuffed, more refurbishing realy.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Beleive me Paul that a repair not a refurb. They'll have to find a way to distort the rim back to it's original shape. This will take a roller type press which would have to deliver around 2-5tons I'd imagine. Only problem is as I've said when they flat spot they usually buckle as well, the force needed to flat spot a rim is quite considerable. You need the same force to get it back to it's original state and that's not easy. However let me know how you go on as if you get a result I can try and get my 2 spares done.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I have just recieved conformation on my centre caps and i should have them monday.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Paul just done a quick search and found this site. http://www.alloywheelrepairs.net/index.htmlCheck out the video where they are repairing a rim that quite frankly I'd had said was junk. It looks like new after. Not cheap I'm afraid. Shame we can't send 2 each

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast