Thread: Burnt plugs !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Burnt plugs !

For a while now my car has a slight missfire which seems to get progressively worse, change the spark plugs and alls is well for a while.

I've cleaned the throttle housing and found that the small engine breather was all blocked up. Aha i thought found the cause so i cleaned it out to reveal a tiny hole, only to be proved wrong as the missfire is back again.

Now there are no faults stored on the ecu using tech 2 . The only thing that was found when it went to the Woods vauxhall dealership, you know where Dave Dempsey's works, was that the plugs were burnt. As i've said earlier change the plugs and alls well for a few hundred miles then it starts to feel like it's holding back the misfiring follows shortly after. Everything's fine on idle it's when you change gear low down and try to pull away say 2nd to 3rd gear at about 25 mph . Also at its worst when you try to overtake anything and put your foot down it coughs for a second or so then decides to accelerate.

EGR valve has been cleaned before that's mentioned.

It seems to still be kicking out good power judging by the last r/r session 115 bhp only comment was that it seemed to struggle to get there.

Any ideas greatly appreciated as the misses will be driving it as of the 23rd so it needs to be sorted, for her safety's sake.

HELP

Forgot to mention it's the 99 1.6 16v engine, might help eh ?!?!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might have solved this now with a little help from Sy on here.

Shall check it out tomorrow and wait and see if it solves the trouble.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just out of interest where did you have it rolling road tested. I travelled down to Norfolk and had mine done at Courteneys but it was a very long trip and not one I'd like to repeat soon. Might need a RR session to test my new Dbilas inlet manifold so anywhere local would be better.

Hope the problem is solved BTW
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was R/R at Peake Performance in Prestatyn, organised by Scottyboy and GSILady I think ?

Pretty accurate figures across the board that day I thought. The guys name is Tommy and he's a top bloke. There was talk of another session up there at some point this autumn/winter. Best part was it was only £25 for a power run.

If you've any worries about this place PM Scottyboy or GSILady, they'll lay your fears to rest.

The only other one i've been to is Powerzone / Mini Sport in Padiham, Burnley. That was a while ago now though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Sam, I'd like to meet Scottyboy as his car is kinda nice not because it's an 888 which I personally don't go all weak at the knees over but the Lambo doors are something I'd like to see close up.

If there's any confirmation of a RR session in the future will you drop me a PM in case I miss the announcement.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh sure I'll let you know if anything gets arranged, no probs.

Wouldn't mind seeing your car in the flesh either with all the mods you've done to it.