Thread: Its Going Thursday!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Its Going Thursday!!!!!!

Have decided after a couple of weeks of shall I shall I not? To sell the GSI.
    Was thinking of the VXR but with all the pre-delivery probs/delays and stupid PX prices offered by the dealers, I have decided to go the way of the Jap.
    All going well I will have a Subaru STI with Prodrive Performance Pack (305 Bhp) and Prodrive splinter alloys on my drive by Thursday night.

As a few will have noted I am taking the hoses off (sold already) grille and have a brand new set of 16 groove Courtenay disks and Mintex for sale in the for sale forum.

Has been enjoyable attending the shows and will still be present on here and hopefully coming to a few meets and shows still. Hopefully the new owner who ever it may be will enjoy the 241 Bhp under thier right foot as I did.

Bit sad to see it go but have to move on at some time and thought now was the best time before the VXR comes out in force to affect the price further.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hope you enjoy the new car...sounds good..

.... also hope you dont regret not getting a vxr when they're about

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Coo, hope you enjoy your VXR when it arrives, Dave was willing to do a deal for the VXR but bids for GSI were rubbish.

Have shopped around at Subaru and got a good deal for the GSI so thats where I am at.

Will most prob still go for test drive in VXR when here.

Status
    Cameron Ginger Diaz
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AWW Martin - you'll have to change your username to Martin-STI (then again, maybe not )

Sorry to hear the sale of the beast but there are some exciting times ahead with the Scooby - when I was looking at changing my car it was down to the 888 and the Subaru STI - But hey I'm more of a BTCC gal and opted for that look over the rally

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh and if we get across to Peake Performance - you're going to have to bring her along and give her the Tommy treatment

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will do Shev. Will still be going to BTCC to support VXL. Have gone for black to be a bit more subdued approach and not in your face. Went to Montys in Sheffield for a test drive and what a garage, they just send you out on your own for the T/drive, was out for an hour raging the ar$e off it. Then I went to Northwich near me to by there car and be took on a test drive by a very good driver who they employed just to take you out. He showed what it could do on the winding roads and how fast it it was.
    Worth the time just for him to take you out.
    Can Tommy accomadate 4x4?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a good move to me mate and to have the deal done by Thursday will be a result as well.
    Surprised they let you take the car out on your own, still better that way especially if you can have a lengthy test drive.

I was looking at doing a deal with Dave a while back, but bids for my GSi around Scotland were rediculous, best part of £2k lower than round here

Oh and pics of the new car are compulsory

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hear your getting rid of the GSI, i would have considered it......
    Well good luck with the new car - sounds like fun 305bhp ha ha

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic choice there mate, my best mate at uni bought one about two months ago and its just rediculously fast and the road holding is out of this world! Top choice, you wont regret it, plus it will leave a vxr standing! lol
    Black Magic Seat Leon Cupra 20VT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I couldn't believe they let me go on my own either. They just took photocopy of licence and off I went. Said thats the way they do thier test drives. It is best way as you dont feel that you are on your test

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, my Dad - although a lot older than me had the same experience with a Scooby dealer in Worcestershire, its crazy but u do get very involved and sell the car to yourself really! Somehow i dont think they would let me have it on my own at 21 lol
    Black Magic Seat Leon Cupra 20VT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast