Thread: TomTom 500

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Talking TomTom 500

What a fantastic bit of kit the TomTom 500 is, I really am outstandingly impressed with my first play with it tonight, and I am yet to do a full direction map as yet

Really well presented, all the wires, brackets and gubins you would need all in the box, manul is really well thought out (not thta I looked at it untill I got it up and running), setup and genral user interface is a touch of genuis, sound quailty and bluetooth hands free mobile call making is brilliant even in the transit!

I really can not recomend this product enough to people, one of the best buys I have made in a very long time - even better the company paid for it

First test tomorrow down to Clapham Junction, I have used a TomTom before so know what to epect but will give you more thoughts on the unit tomorrow

Buy one now!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had one for some time now and must agree with Mat.. Its an amazing product.. I have the sense of direction of a dead cow and have never got lost with it..
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The tom tom unit was on watchdog not long ago. A woman purchased one from pc world and ended up swapping it 6 times as it kept giving her wrong directions. Not that bad are they?

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    do a serach on that case on google - watchdog seem to have given a very one sided view on that subject

the ones I have used in the past have NEVER given me a bad direction, maybe it was a one of case Going into London tomorrow will be a good test for it, so I will report back tomorrow
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my mate just bought one of these.... nice bit of kit
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I want one but find it hard to part witch my a to z

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yep supurb.

the companys cars at work have got the 700. almost identical but with more memory for european maps etc.

i really like them.

the only sat nav system i have found not to give you mis leadly directions.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having tested all the makes they are much of a muchness TBH they all have there pro's and cons and they are all not the most up to date in terms of mapping info. What I like about the Tomtom is its simplicity. What I don't like is there greed at wanting to charge you for features that they should really include free of charge and standard. Traffic updates or TMC is the big Bugbear for me(once you have used it once you will understand just how outstanding this feature is), as is there cheek at trying to charge you for the speed cam features (get it from Pocketgps and show them you are not a stupid as they think you are!). Also they could have made the box a bit smaller along the lines of the Navman stuff and there screen a bit brighter in daylight. Other than that I cannot say that there stuff is overly bad, 1 case does not make a bad product it just reminds us that they are human and not infallible.