Thread: Laughing Gas

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Laughing Gas

Hi all, another crazy idea that i'm considering to make the 1.8 a little faster. i'm just wondering if anyone else on here has got a noz kit installed or any advice on which kit to get, where to get it etc. also how hard are these kits to fit, i'm thinkin if i buy the kit could my friend fit it at his garage?

thanks for any help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hear that the diy kits are fairly straight for ward to install.

Round about the £400 - £500 mark, dependant on the bhp kit you are looking at.

Try here...

http://www.noswizard.com/

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wizards of nos are excellent when it comes to nos kits.. IIRC Craig from here fitted one to his old fiesta himself, for fitting advice ask him username is Craigy
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm using a Cold fusion kit on my 18 16v SXi, the wizards of nos kits have the reputation but they also carry the hefty price tag too plus the wizards of nos kits come with crappy thin plastic tubes, the hoses you get with the cold fusion kit are braided, much tougher especially when they're running under the car, Nos = Hours of fun IMO
    Drives '04 Vectra SRi 2.0T

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    I'm using a Cold fusion kit on my 18 16v SXi, the wizards of nos kits have the reputation but they also carry the hefty price tag too plus the wizards of nos kits come with crappy thin plastic tubes, the hoses you get with the cold fusion kit are braided, much tougher especially when they're running under the car, Nos = Hours of fun IMO

Sounds like just the thing i'm looking for, have you got a link or contact details on where to get it? have you got any 0-60 etc on your 1.8 using noz?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a cold fusion sitrous system and yes it was awesome fun untill it blew my manifold and throttle body to pieces. Then when that was sorted it blew the whole engine, put a big crack in the bottom. This was due to it being a 50bhp shot though on a 1.6 so go for 30 shot to start with if i was you mate and then seek advice what parts need upgrading for a bigger shot. I sold my nitrous kit for £250 all in. Check ebay mate, cold fusion kits are dead cheap on there and very easy to fit.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    dont consider anything other than wizard of Nos with a progressive controller.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends if you wanna go for a a dry kit, which feeds the nitrous through the air filter, that's gonna be the easiest to fit and the cheapest kit to buy. Or you can go for a direct port wet kit, harder and dearer.

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    dont consider anything other than wizard of Nos with a progressive controller
    Any M1 GST gen Mat?
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    dont consider anything other than wizard of Nos with a progressive controller.
    Very good advice, or there is the Zex kit which also has the progressive controller, much safer to have the controller. Id go for a wet kit which is what i had. Feeds petrol and nitrous directly into the inlet manifold and is meant to be safer than dry kits. Im not very technically minded with nitrous. I jus bought it, got it fitted, and used it all up LOL. Very good fun by the way.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still looking for coupe bumper? Offers for quick sale - see previous thread bumpers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast