Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IHI Turbo

Maybe of some intrest to people.

I spoke to Regal yesterday about there IHI turbo and manifold.
    Karen (think that's her name ) said it costs £3800 all in plus the fitting. This includes the IHI turbo, manifold, injectors, map sensor, AFM, intercooler and i guess would also include a map (although she didn't mention this). This would take a ZLET to about 330BHP. I mentioned about needing different pistons, rods etc.... But she said only the earlier ( mainly <51) LET's would really need new pistons as they have something different about the pistons???

Group buy anyone

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A few mk4 Golf boys have got these and are kicking out about 350bhp.

Cost them a fortune but boy do they go!

Check out the company website - They make all sorts.
    Ex Golf R32, now mk5 Astra Estate 1.9CDTi (150PS, 232ftlb) Design on fat alloys.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The earlier pistons had crappy piston rings or something hence why they would need changing.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcoupturbo
    The earlier pistons had crappy piston rings or something hence why they would need changing.
    I had heard that the earlier turbo engines had poor quality sand cast pistons, and, for the later engines, whilst they were still sand cast, they were of a better quality
    Astra GSi Turbo, SOLD

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would ask courtneys first cos i spoke to courtneys the other day and they said that the regals stage 3 turbo is actually a stage 2 turbo, i would ask cortneys about the set up u want. i would speak to courtney cos they r useing the astra H set up and they r the gods for vauxhalls, after xmas i am haveing the courneys stage 3 which will bring it up from 200bhp to 280bhp thats using the 9liter incooler, stage 3 hybrid turbo, then i will be having cams, chip port and polished head, full powerflow 3" exhaust and a 200 cell per inch sports car, then low comp pistons, billet light weight flywheel, light weight pulleys, astra VRX injectors this is the set up i am gonna use it should bring me over the 350bhp mark.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if you'll see 350 mate, or have courtenay quoted you that? They are also bringing out a new maniflod for the turbo which should make a big difference as standard one is absolute sh*te. Didn't realise vxr injectors are better than normal Z20 ones.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    i would ask courtneys first cos i spoke to courtneys the other day and they said that the regals stage 3 turbo is actually a stage 2 turbo, i would ask cortneys about the set up u want. i would speak to courtney cos they r useing the astra H set up and they r the gods for vauxhalls, after xmas i am haveing the courneys stage 3 which will bring it up from 200bhp to 280bhp thats using the 9liter incooler, stage 3 hybrid turbo, then i will be having cams, chip port and polished head, full powerflow 3" exhaust and a 200 cell per inch sports car, then low comp pistons, billet light weight flywheel, light weight pulleys, astra VRX injectors this is the set up i am gonna use it should bring me over the 350bhp mark.
    I am not talking about a KKK unit i am talking about a IHI turbo with a different manifold. Regal had their ex demo car there with one on already and trust me it is not shy!

What cc are the VXR injectors?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Jeff, but the 350 figure qouted is laughable with those mods. Ask Davey as he has a very similiar setup.
    (Previously owned a SRi-Turbo Phase III.5 running 290bhp 370ibft
    AUDI Sales Executive

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattR32
    Check out the company website - They make all sorts.
    www.ihi-turbos-com ?

that site is crap, says very little about what they offer, it doesn't really give any information about anything.

"ITA designs, markets, manufactures and distributes turbocharger products for internal combustion engine applications in North America."

Typical american arrogance... forgetting the rest of the world exists.
    Defend Freedom. You are the resistance!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my m8 got 308 bhp on a kkk turbo and he does his own work. u will never get 350 on a kkk turbo,(if u get 290 ill be amazed) the ihi is completely different manifold and ball bearing turbo. courtenay do not offer sych a product yet(as far as i know) and gives far bigger results. The courtenay cs4 wont hit 280bhp.
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast