Thread: Fuel pressure?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fuel pressure?

As some of you may have seen at rr at regals i was alittle disapointed at my results,but ive decided i think....... that im not going to do any more to the t8 performance (at least for now). I had the car remaped by AMD back in june and have yet to see another torque and bhp curve as smooth as mine ( this is were everyone proves me wrong). My only concern is that my boost is a little low and my fuel mixture is a little lean (0.9). Ive spoken to a friend of mine who seems to think it is not to much of a concern as its not that drastically off of the 0.8 that is recomended (regals). So ive investigated and purchased (waiting for delivery) a adjustable fuel regulator as my friend seems to think this will be the best way to solve the problem without having the car remaped again. Does anyone have any information or oppinion on this or any help? I no it wont affect the boost pressure but im hoping it will sort the fueling

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Never really seen any evidence that a higher spec fuel pressure regulator does anything unless you are into some serious power, and matching it with bigger injectors - which youre not ready for yet given your state of tune.

Mixture is mainly controlled via the AFM, so I'd have thought that is the best place to start. If you can make it to the Courtenay RR Steve, I can bring a spare AFM with me and you could swap it over if you like. This is where I'd start.

Just my opinion though.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have bought something like a FSE remember they are a rising rate regulator

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still very confused,im only going on the advise of a friend,just trying to sort the fueling out so it doesnt run lean without another remap. Seemed to think this would have been the simplist of solutions,am i not right in thinkink then that with the adjustable fuel regulator,increasing the level will run a richer mixture? Novice to all this its well over my head

Really wana come to courtneys scotty just wont no till end of this week as i may be on holiday,but if im not il definatly be there!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Normally people put adjustable regulators on there cars because it is a crude way of getting a little bit more out of your injectors. But like Scotty said also some people use them on cars with high state of tune where an increase of pressure across the rail is needed.

I would say your best bet is to take it to Courtenay/Regal and see what they think.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok thanks guys for your inputs,still not sure what im gonna do but hopefully will get to courtneys anyway