Thread: Fibreglassed centre console w/ screen [Pics Included]

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fibreglassed centre console w/ screen [Pics Included]

Hi all, well.. I really didn't want it to come to this, but 'MikeSeaman3000' has brought it on himself, I've given him a week from the date of the receipt of my letter to get back to me and nothing, so here goes.

---------------------

Back on the 31st August, I agreed with Michael that he'd fibreglass my £190 Lilliput Touchscreen LCD Screen in to an astra centre console for me. That same day I deposited £230 directly into his account so he could buy the products needed, I also sent him my screen in its original packaging.
    He had told me he'd received the screen ok and work begun.

After many weeks I received my console, but no where near the standards of £230! Not only had it arrived poorly packaged (the box didn't even display 'Fragile' or similiar), it was cracked all along where the fibreglass met the plastic and the overall finish was terrible (See Pics), definately not the work of a professional.

The screen had been dismantled and rebuilt in to the fibreglass, the circuitry was dangling freely with lots of sticky tape covering it (I assume this was meant to hold it in place), in between the circuitry and the back of the screen was a folded piece of paper, this appears to be an attempt to stop any short circuits, again this was not affixed. After testing the screen it appeared that it was no longer functional.

Not only am I down £230, I am also down an expensive screen!

---------------------

I sent Michael a letter explaining that i'd be taking legal action if he does not refund my losses on the 30th September, this was sent recorded and was signed for on 3rd October, a week on and nothing. I will be going ahead with the small claims case as soon as I find time to get down the court.

This post is to let other fellow members know the experience I had

Now for the pics... (Let me know if you want me to put them on a seperate page)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    FPMSL! Thats shocking.
    Christ. I too would be looking for a full refund from him.
    Comedy electrical tape holding it all in place is a nice touch.

Hope you get it all sorted.
    Just checked his profile...He last visited the site 1 week ago.

To be honest, I would have not touched him. Very low post count and he is 19. Im not saying 19 year olds are untrustworthy or uncapable, but I wouldnt have done it personally.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is that a "pro" job ??

should settle the argument for doing stuff yourself... thats ****in disgraceful.. pay me half what you paid him and i'll do it.. and it'll be a lot better.
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Rosco83
    im sorry to hear and see this, that is defenately not the work of a profesional, and leaving wires open, from a screen is very dangerous. It can get very hot behind the centre console with the stereo fitted etc!

I am actually.. in shock, that somebody would actually do this to another and pass it off for good work and not even ship it correctly!

i hope you get this sorted out as its very unfair.. do keep us up to date with this and how you get on with small claims etc

would have, should have been really nice aswell.

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    JEEZ! I think id be a be bit pi**ed if I had paid £230 for that too! Glad your going about getting it sorted the proper way. Hope the bloke comes clean refunds you in full!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My guess is, the damage was caused mainly by the poor packing. Although there`s signs of a poor finish too.

IMO, that`s not the best way of fitting a 7" screen to the centre console, just doesn`t look right.

Hope you get it sorted soon as that`s a lot of money you paid especially as it didn`t include the screen.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you must be gutted! Really sorry to read about your experience, it makes me sick at the thought that people are passing off work like that as "pro"

Please forgive me if this sounds harsh, but I hope people learn from this, and either take on such work themselves, or take the work to a reputable company, that can show you examples of previous work.

Hope you get this sorted one way or another!

Stu.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats disgusting, people have to know about this man and his poor workmanship... so nobody else is fooled by him.
    Evil LED's

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That is terrible, If I can help in any way please get in touch with me

As for this type of thing, we have tried to give members guidlines on how to buy off people on the internet but it is not 100% perfect and can sometimes go wrong, whatever the checks you make prior to handing your cash over.

I know its not any use to you now, but in the next upgrade we will be adding a trader rating system similar to ebay to try and stop this type of thing - or at least put these type of people off.

Very sorry to see
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    holy cow, thats really really poor!
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast