Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Removing a front seat??

Is there some special nack to getting this green plug disconnected, i have been yanking it most of the afternoon and it just won't budge.

Defend Freedom. You are the resistance!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just lift the red thing up slightly and pull it forward. Then there should be a black button underneath that you push in to release the connector block. You don`t need to remove the green connector.

This is how I do it and it works everytime. And I`ve done it many times.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    when you unplug this keep the cars out of the car
    it will just pull out mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    make sure you've disconnected your battery too before doing this... and had it disconnected for around 15 mins
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dammit.... that simple.

Thanks mate, you're a genius

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzzle
    make sure you've disconnected your battery too before doing this... and had it disconnected for around 15 mins
    Ummm... i just did it with the battery still connected... nothing blew up...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    you dont have to disconnect the battery me an barry swaped a set of seats over out side LMF no probs i swaped my seats over with the battery still connected i just leave the keys out
    same with airbags i did one for jace at the regal meet just left the keys out for 15 sec then when i pulled the air bag out he went BANG next to me ear made me jump

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane_SRi
    Ummm... i just did it with the battery still connected... nothing blew up...

didnt know if it would but always the safer option... those wires operate your pretentioners (which are a device with a small explosive charge like an airbag but they yank down on your seatbelt to lock it in place when you crash)

Check you dont have the airbag warning light showing on your dash now as i've seen that happen before from disconnecting parts of the airbag system.

Just a future warning to remember really... tis always best to disconnect the battery before unplugging/plugging anything electrical in your car... (ever worked on the insides of a computer??)
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah thanks... i'll be careful of that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shane I've just done my seats and had to change my pretensioners off my old seats and onto my new ones. The green plug does NOT just pull out of the box, it's held in by a small locking tag. First off remove the red tag and seperate the loom from the black box. The loom won't come out until you remove the red tag. Your picture shows the loom and the seat box still in one piece and it's much easier to remove the green wire when they are seperate. As said make sure the igntion hasn't been on for a while to allow the pretensioners to discharge. When you've got the loom and box seperate slide a thin flat bladed screwdriver into the very small gap between the box and the green wires connector from the loom side. You may have to jiggle the screwdriver a bit in order to release the locking tag, it's one of those connectors that as you push it into place you can hear it locate. Jiggle the screwdriver and keep pressure pulling back on the wires and it will slide out. Once you see the tag you can easily see how it works and the next one is much easier.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.