Thread: Anyone with heated seats, I need some advise

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone with heated seats, I need some advise

I just installed the passenger side of my leather seats I've bought. Drivers goes in tomorrow. I had previously decided to convert my cloth seats to heated seats and had bought the switches, TC panel and the elements. Fitted the switches and panel and the switches light up at night very nice. However the LED to warn you that the heated seats are on has never lit up, I thought maybe it was because the elements wasn't in place. However I've now connected the passenger seat and it still doesn't light up. I'm thinking that maybe I missing a fuse or a relay. I checked the coupe fuse box I'd taken them out of against mine and they look like they have the same fuses and relays fitted. I must have missed something.

Can anyone take a pic of their fuse box which the heaters work. Can then compare to mine and see if I'm missing a fuse or relay. All the top row of relays are occupied, the little black ones. I've got 2 missing relays but so had the coupe. I've got 2 of those big fuses a 30 and a 40 amp.

Anyway please post a pic if you can and help me out here. Of if you know exactly which fuse and relay is required please inform me.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    ken try when you have fitted the drivers seat mate as they will work then i would say

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I'll try em tomorrow as well Danny. I've found out it's fuse 2 the big 30amp one and also for some reason fuse 36 which shares with the cig lighter, as that works I presume the fuse is ok. I think I'm missing a relay but there are only 2 vacant slots and the coupe was missing the same 2. Or maybe the relay is buggered but I don't know which one it is
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fuse 45 is seat heating and should be 5amp

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmoirgls
    Fuse 45 is seat heating and should be 5amp
    Out of interest where does this fuse go as my fuse board only goes up to 42?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Mines the same as Autosparks. Seat heating is fuse 37 (5th in from the right hand side) 20A.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks like number 2, 37 and 45

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    On your list yes, but as stated our fuse box only goes up to 42 not 50.

So to correct myself 2 and 37. Depends what fuse box Oddjob has in his car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read the first post and somehow I'd missed fuse 45. Don't know how. My fuse box goes up to 50 so I ran out and then realised I didn't have a spare 5 amp fuse handy. So I robbed the courtesy light fuse and the switches lit up when the wheel was turned I sat in the car for a while with the seats on No.5, didn't seem to be getting hot though I then ran back in and saw the other posts. Then saw Keifs post about fuse 37, ran back out again and I had a spare 20amp in the spares section. Bunged it in and and turned them on and got a toasty back within a few secs, the lumbar heater area seems to get warm first then the one under yer bum starts kicking in.

THANKS GUYS, I really appreciate the time you've taken to research the problem. I don't know how I missed the fuses but I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast