Thread: health at work

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

health at work

hi people just a quick question, has anyone had more than 3 days off work in the last 12months. and what has your company said about it.

cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Erm well i've been off all this week and they haven't complained. Have a doctors note to back it up though.

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dont think 3 days off in 12 months is ver much! if you had one bout of flu you'd be off for at least 1 week. i mean propper flu. not a cold..
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    i dont think 3 days off in 12 months is ver much! if you had one bout of flu you'd be off for at least 1 week. i mean propper flu. not a cold..
    I've got the flu and a chest infection and been signed off until mid next week

Wouldn't be fair if your employers started moaning if you were off for 3 days.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Legally you are 'allowed' up to 2 weeks off (spread over the year) for illness and compasionate leave (people close dying etc).
    For the first 3-5 days(depending on your contract) it is a self certification procedure, whereby your company should give you a sickness form and you should fill it in your self.
    After the self certification period expires, then you need to get a note from a doctor, to present to your employer when you return to work.
    If you are going to be absent for more than 2 weeks then you need to be 'signed off' by the doctor and the details forwarded to the HR department of your employer, who will then pass this information onto the Inland Revenue - who will authorise Statutory Sick Pay - which is usually about 1/3-1/2 of your normal earnings (depending how much your employer tops it up (again this will be in your contract).
    If your company get shitty over a few days, speak to the citizens advice bureau, where a qualified solicitor/employment lawyer(sp?) will be able to tell you where you stand.
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have not had a day off sick this year.

If I do not go to work then I dont get paid.

My previous permanent job would pay me sick pay but I had to produce a doctors certificate and they would then refund me that cost if I also produced a receipt for it. But some people in the company took too much time off sick so they removed them from the sick pay scheme. They also had to see the company doctor to see what is wrong with them.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport