Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Come clean Vauxhall, When exactly will the VXR be released ?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Come clean Vauxhall, When exactly will the VXR be released ?

Its about time Vauxhall came clean with their intentions for the release date for the Astra VXR. Nearly 800 pre orders dating back to mid April are awaiting even an anticipated delivery date. Are you one of those people, vent your spleen here let VXL know what you think !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your getting about mate with this thread lol
    USSRonline......

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Need to get it seen Aussie, never Know who might be reading !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very true mate very true
    the sites do get looked upon at times
    USSRonline......

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So what do we want as compensation ???

Free Tom Tom 300 as given away with Corsa's ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    baz will tell you all about it I'm sure. He was on venting his feelings to them last week. I havn't heard the outcome today yet.

Edit: http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.p...466#post474466
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a disgrace, I was going 100% VXR and then the early setback's to the delivery date made me start looking towards the 150bhp diesel which I eventually chose over the VXR (both cars are still on order). The CDTi was due to land on the 6th September but still hasn't even been finished at the factory which is doing my head in as I'm keeping my Turbo Coupe alongside the diesel - intended to only run the coupe sparingly until end of next summer to allow it to be sold with under 70k on the clock - done some long runs this month and I'm now already at 63.5k which is a lot more than I wanted on it at this stage!!!

I've been offered the choice of either the Vauxhall VXR pack or Irsmcher kit for the diesel when it finally arrives, had already gone down the tomtom route but was told that was a no-no (for whatever reason)...

Without going into a huge rant - The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of communication all the way up the food chain...

Local Dealer - Regional Manager - UK Manager - Factory in Antwerp

Neither of the above seem to be able to hold a decent conversation with one another - it wasn't until I demanded my call to be escalated time and time again that I eventually got somewhere...by the time I hit the top of the tree I had gone through 7 different people in England nevermind the number of people over here in Ireland etc...

I was told all sorts of stories about the car, including them turning round in Luton last Friday with the tale that my car might not even have started in the build process, which went against every other report I had on it previously...this just went to show that the communication was non-existent...

Pah!...hopefully getting word on wednesday/thursday as to whether they are going to release my car as is without the kit on it so the dealer can do the work here (hold up is down to a defect somewhere in the kit - was told rear spoiler previously) or if they're going to stick to their guns and hold it there until the kit issue has been resolved onsite...
    www.jon44w.com NI's #1car and cruising site

My Photography site www.bazpics.com

Coupe and Mk5 now gone....2006 5.7 CV8Z Monaro now my daily driver

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate there is another Irish lad on another forum who ordered a opel sports hatch,
    no delivery date could be given then the next thing he knows his dealer calls him and says they are giving his deposite back. He was told that there is no sports hatches available at all to supply him with. very strange if you ask me the way that was dealt with. I did read a report on an Aus website about the lack of supply and major delays of small cars and hatches across the board coming out of Europe (not just vxl/opel)
    USSRonline......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem with Vauxhall, as with all the bulk car manufacturers, is they're too busy pumping out 1.4 Envoys and 1.8 SRis. If you order a "non-typical" configuration you're stuffed.

When I went to buy my Corsa last year, I wanted a diesel. The 1.3 CDTi was just coming in, and there was a huge wait for them, especially in the SXi trim I wanted. They were quoting months. So, I just ended up going a choosing a 1.2 SXi they had sitting in the yard. That was Thursday evening. Signed the paperwork on Saturday morning, and was driving it home on Monday evening.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Went to my Dealers today about a VXR, said have a demo coming in December, in red. Told them want Blue and said would be about 6 months unless another dealer in group ordered one as demo. The problem then is if I put my GSI in as PX it is worth less in 6 months time. What has everyone else done? Do I give them GSI now and take the price now or just wait 12 months and buy one second hand or demo Or go used M3 in new year?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast