Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mobile phone contracts...

Hola

Currently on orange tarriff - a student package which is £25 for 1000 texts and 120 mins per month. Got a free phone when i joined. The idea is, you are supposed to get a free upgrade every 12 months i think, or maybe pay a bit towards some of the more expensive phones. Today, went into the orange shop - myself and my gf are in the same boat, and we asked about upgrading.

A bloke said that orange have brought out a new scheme now, depending on how much you spend per month, depends on how much it costs to upgrade to a newer phone, and as we only pay £25 a month that means its a low band group, so we are looking at upgrading costs of like £170.. i thought this was absolute bullshit to be honest, weve been with them for 12 months etc, spend enough with them, and they never actually told us this when we signed up that this would be the case and so on..

Anyone got any ideas what could be done, i think im going to ring up a manager of some sort on monday and complain about it, or is it a case of tough..? Ive looked in my contract and cant see anything directly related to it, has anyone got any ideas / experience of this issue, as to be honest, their service sucks... i was thinking of upgrading to 02 or something instead

Cheers
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just speak to the cancellations dept - they usually bend over backwards to keep a customer. They did with me.

I got a free phone, and free extra minutes, and my basic contract price reduced . All with over one month of my contract to go.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    O2 do this for me to and because I don't spend a great deal with them I have to pay a bit for a new phone. Thye have also just stopped my loyolty (sp) reward so when my contracts up I might threaten to leave
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah mate if you speak to the cancellation department they sometimes try and stop ya leaving, or try out o2 see if they will give u same or similar deal you had with orange. im in the same boat as you as im with orange too.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i just think its out of order, fair enough if they said when i took out the contract "depending on how much you spend each month will depend on how much surcharge you need to pay for a phone" but they didnt, and they said it was going to be a free upgrade, and that was after they knew i was going on the £25 a month plan, seems to be theyre going to catch a few people out this way. I'll give them a ring as soon as anyway, and ill post back what they say
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can change networks and keep your number, so tell them that's what you are going to do if they don't give you a good deal. www.o2.co.uk have the best online deals at the moment. They give you a better package then the O2 shops
    Pop by and see www.sporthatchowners.co.uk

Take care of your car and the folks in it. Without either live would be a lot worse

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Update

Well, as i first thought, orange suck!

Rang up yesterday, basically said..

Hi there, my phone contract allowed me to upgrade my phone about a month ago, finally decided what i want.. then said i want the Samsung d600 if its out yet, which it wasnt, so i asked for the Samsung d500.. She said, yes its available, at £69.. i was like why do i have to pay, when i originally took the contract out, no one said, you have to spend a certain amount each month to get a new phone, and when i went into the shop about a month ago, i was told i could get the samsung d500 free.

Basically she was saying, well you cant, and theres nothing to do about it. Then i said fine then, ill cancel.. i rang up and they didnt give a shit. Basically, do you want to cancel, Yes, OK cya.

Think its ****in disgustin customer service, so i phoned up again later, asking to speak to management, as they pissed me off. I said, according to the website, new customers get this phone free, so why do existing customers have to pay for it, then i said, you obviously care more about new than existing. She says "no, we dont say that atall" seems like it to me.

So then i asked this, "ok then, so if i leave my phone cancelled, start a new contract exactly the same as im on now, i get the phone free anyway, so what the hell is the problem" this got her stumped for a bit, and then the only thing she could say was, "people like to keep their number, if you cancel your contract, and want to start a new contract with us, you cant have the same phone num"

Can anyone confirm this? I dont believe them to be honest, but ive had my num for about 8 years or something, and dont really want to change.

Takes the piss though really!