Thread: centre console help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post centre console help

I cant be bothered to replace it myself as i just unplugged one of the fan wires and i cant get it back in.

So the question is, can i get another centre consol and spray it myself then take my car to vauxhall for them to swap over???

and what sort of charge would it be?

Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this might help

dude y spray one you can get a new center console for about £12 from vauxhall i got one today and its mat silver and looks good.

Tom

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you tried to follow the technical guide, i found it helpfull when i changed the bulb and i cant rember or not if it tells you where to re-wire your heaters.

always worth a look aint it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lambo try this before you spend good money on a dealer fit. Remove the heater console from the centre dash. It unplugs really easily, just need to release the 4 metal tags holding it in place. Remove the centre dash entirely so you have more room. Check you've not snapped the heater control wire holders when you removed the wire. If you have you'll need either a new one or bodge the old one somehow. You can tilt the heater console down so you can see what your doing, don't bend it to far or you'll put a crease in the wires. Now try and fit the wire back in. If you get it located reinsert the heater console into the centre dash as you fit the dash.

If you've tried all that and still no joy, ask if a site member is local enough to pop round and attempt it for you. Dealer will charge a fortune, 1hr at the very least.

Oh and I know this is too late but you don't need to disconnect the heater wires to remove the centre dash, just remove the heater console as above and leave it in place.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i think about sums that one up yet again another tech help from oddjob

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, ill try that oddjob!, and Thomasspence1984 i dont want the normal silver and i want it to run the whole way down to the gear stick! so i didnt want to buy just thatand try to match the paint. ill post a pic up when im done! cheers all!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you tried www.redgriffin.co.uk as they do the full run all the way down to the handbreak there is center console and then 5 peice set, (Ashtray, Cig lighter, blank panel(for TC, heated seats) Gear box surround, hand part for handbreak. mine cost £65+p&p but depends on what colour your after as its gun metal gray looks nice though

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo_SXi
    Cheers, ill try that oddjob!, and Thomasspence1984 i dont want the normal silver and i want it to run the whole way down to the gear stick! so i didnt want to buy just thatand try to match the paint. ill post a pic up when im done! cheers all!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    done it and its looking good, thanks for all your help and the link to that other post with abiit of help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe post how you managed it, as it may help someone else in the future who's doing a search.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any pics lambo and flipcjl do you have the gun metal grey dash ?if so any pics ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast