Thread: noob in ice ask for some help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face noob in ice ask for some help

I own a coupe with Pioneer DEH9400MP head unit and I want to change the original speakers.
    I had in the past some Focals and was very pleased with them.
    I have some questions :
    - what speakers can I fit (direct replacement without mods)
    - do I have to amp them or not ?
    - if I have to amp them, what make and power ? 2amp for 2spkrs or 1 for 4sprks ?
    - do I have to fit amps in the boot ? ie, do I have to run audio cables from head unit to amp in the boot and back to the spkrs plug near to the head unit? Or directly from amp to spkrs (a pain!) ?
    - do I have to fit some insonorisation stuff behind spkrs ?
    - what do I have to do next ?

thank you !!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    direct replacement youll have to look at some slim line speakers cos of the window. if youre getting focals yes i wud amp them to get the most out of them. match the power to the speakers (eg 50Wrms speakers with about 60Wrms amp) 1 channel per speaker: ie 1 x 2channel amp to run them or 1 x 4ch amp bridged (or 1 x 4ch using 2 to power speakers and 2chs bridged to power a sub if ui wished or 1 x 2ch for the speakers and a monoblock for a sub) Best to fit amp(s) in the boot but u can mount them whereever theres space as long as they dont get too hot. yes youll need to run cables from battery to amp, head unit to amp, and amp to speakers. i think u might mean sound deadening, thats up to you whether you want to fit that-its a bit of a bugger to do the doors well but i managed and it does make a lovely "thunk" when the doors close. next you have to decide on a budget, whether u want a sub or not, let us know what speakers youre gna buy and we'll advise on the amp and wiring kit-buying
    Any info on V6 MK4 conversions greatly appreciated!
    ----x--Petey--x----

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'll buy some Polyglass 165VSlim, what do you think about ?

Is it easy to replace the rear ones too ? I own a coupe, not hatch. Are they of the same size ? of the front ones but with no external tweeter ?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    To change your rear speakers you need to remove the rear seat base, seat back and rear 1/4 panels. It's not to hard to be honest and they take the same size speakers as in the front as you said without and external tweeter. Unfortunatly there is no factor location for them in the coupe
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason