Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tyres + Toyo query

Hi guys

I have a 1.6 16v SXi and its time to replace my nearly shot front Michelin HX tyres which have been on the car since new and have racked up 28000miles now.

I'm looking for replacements now and I did have my mind set on Toyo T1-R's but the guy at my garage (toyo dealer) says there not that long lasting and I was wondering if there was something thats nearly matches them for grip but a bit more durable.

Also i noticed on the Toyo website it has a advert on the top of the home page saying the Toyo T1-R - THe Best just got better.

Have they just released a improved version?

Many many thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Toyo Proxie T1-R is an updated version of the T1-S hence the tag line because the T1-R now lasts longer, has less road noise, different tread pattern to better disperse water and so more grip over its predecessor.

Personally I love Toyos. I had 215/35/18 T1-S and they lasted well over 18 months...and would of lasted longer had the camber on my car been adjusted and I drove them hard all the time.

Not sure why he is saying they are a soft compound tyre because their not. Proxies are medium...the only other tyre I could recomend would be the Yokohama Parada but these are soft so I doubt they will out last the T1-R.

Sy

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll vouch for the longevity of Toyos....mine are on the edge now... I'd buy them again.

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i hope there ok i,ve just put a full set on

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got eagle F1's on mine at the moment, but will be needing some new ones soon

I was really impressed with the eagles on my last car, but they dont seem as good on my astra

Can you fit 215/45/16's on SXi rims - instead of 205/50/16's?

Do they foul the arches etc?
    Sold my Astra to buy a house.

Now drive a 205 GTI 2.0 16v

Cheap and Chearfull!