Thread: Read any good books lately?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Read any good books lately?

Finished reading Alex Zinardi's book the other night. Excellent read it was too... highly recommend it!

Anyway, I'm on the look out for something else now. I've taken a look on Amazon and nothing is really grabbing me. I quite like the look of this, but it hasn't been published yet.

My Dad's just finished the Da Vinci Code so I might give that a go if nobody can come up with anything.

Steve
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, reading 2 books at the moment. Bill Bryson - A short history of nearly everything, Douglas Adams - The Restaurant at the end of the Universe. Both good and amusing.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lance Armstrongs ones are excellent, Its not about the bike and Every second counts. Both good reads and extrememly moving seeing what he had to go through !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just finished reading the Jerermy Clarkson book, "The World According to Clarkson", on holiday. I really enjoyed that, its really funny at parts

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjflat
    Finished reading Alex Zinardi's book the other night. Excellent read it was too... highly recommend it!

Steve
    Good to see him win a World Touring Car race at the weekend. It's an insperational read.

Clackson's is OK
    Pop by and see www.sporthatchowners.co.uk

Take care of your car and the folks in it. Without either live would be a lot worse

Rosco83
    well.. after buying the long way round on dvd, with Ewan McGreggor & Charley Boorman, i bought the book so i can follow them round in my mind & know what there talking about... the dvd is brilliant, best dvd i'd ever bought and the book is very good so far too

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyA
    Good to see him win a World Touring Car race at the weekend. It's an insperational read.

Clackson's is OK
    Really? Oh that's brillient. Feel like I really know the guy after reading his book.

Realy pleased for him
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tess gerritsen novels are very good, gravity and bloodstream are 2 that i've read recently. I also read the surgeon, and the apprentice a while back aswell which kinda follow on from each other, and i'm pretty sure theres a third which follows on from that. Also read wilbur smith wild justice, finished that yesterday, really good and very moving in parts. Wasn't a good choice for me as i have to be really enthuthiastic in my job, and when i walked into a customers house halfway thru a moving part of the book, i found it hard to motivate myself.

I'm also looking for something new, i only have nick faldo's autobiography to go till i need something new, so i willw atcht hsi thread with interest.
    Vectra SRi 1.9 cdti 150