Thread: Why are dealers so thick?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why are dealers so thick?

Just dropped my Astra in for it's 3rd service and it's 1st MOT. I've been very unwell for the last 2 days and haven't been able to do anything to the car except change the lightbulbs back to my old 65w ones. Got up today, feel sick as a dog, drove it to the dealers and as I'd already told them when I'd booked it I reminded them that the car wasn't to be roadtested as the Blackjax system wouldn't allow them to drive it more than 200-300yards before it stopped the engine, locked the doors and sounded the alarm. No problem say the dealer. Oh and DON'T ring me till at least 3pm as I'm going back to bed after explaining I wasn't well. Got home, just dozing off and the phone rings. "Er your alarms playing up mate and it's stopped the engine and everything and we can't get near it before it goes off again" I asked him if he'd drove it and he admits eventually that he'd drove it "a bit" I then had to tell the mechanic my private access code to deactivate the alarm as even with the remote it won't stop. Now I've got to change the code, not something I'm looking forward to as it's very complicated. Just rang them back up to complain to the manager about them driving the car enough to set the Blackjax system off and of course I get a total denial about them doing it, seems they only drove it from the car park to the garage, a distance of 10yds at the most and it's my fault for not deactivating the alarm beforehand. Needless to say this dealer won't be getting any repeat business form me next year.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problems with dealers is that they dont takes notes on paper. I told them a list of problems once and then they just put down a one liner to sum it all up. So, you give them all this information through one ear and 5 seconds later, it all comes out the other

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oddjob why didn't you just disable blackjacks before taking it in?

How to:
    With engine running enter valet code and press plain
    Hold star until chirp
    Press plain twice and wait for two chirps
    Press star five times, should chirp after each press
    Alarm will then either chirp once for off or twice for on
    Turn off engine and listen for three chirps
    Job done

Sy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LMAO I should have done but I was so sick I just couldn't be bothered. I thought if I explained that it would go off if they did something they shouldn't that would do. Seems I was wrong anyway if they get it the car, shut the door and then press the brake they have 20secs to input the code before it starts the process. As I'd always just drove off when I got in the car I wasn't aware of that as it had never happened to me. Simpler process of disarming it is the "Valet" feature I've just read up on, get it, input the code and press the alarm fob button which has an unlocked padlock symbol on it. Job done. Seems like I'm Mr Thicky and not the dealer.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.