Thread: Worth while reading this thread if you have or are using boot solenoids.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Worth while reading this thread if you have or are using boot solenoids.

Well I have come up with a solotion for the boot latch catching once the solenoids realesed.
    Once the boot is popped open the boot lid pushes the vauxhall latch into its second locking posstion causing the boot to stay locked.
    well after loads of different methods I wasnt happy with the ways I had tried, i.emodifiying the boot catch adding a small switch in the handle ect, and keeping a solenoid on for to long will burn it out.
    well I have looked about many breakers yards for a suitable boot latch to over come this. most are totally unsuitable and would require a lot of modifying and fabrication to work. and vauxhall dont make a suitable latch on any of there cars. novas vectras ect all have the same latch as the mk4.
    But there is one car that used near enough all vauxhall parts, but isnt a vauxhall, that had a remote boot realease.
    that car is a daewoo nexia. they are basically a mk2 astra and they came with remote boot realeases and have identical boot latches as all vauxhalls and is the exact same shape and size as the astra mk4 latch, but it dosent have a secondry catch there for once popped you can lift the boot on your own, and you can also use the solenoid from the daewoo but it needs some modificaion to work I.e mounted upside down and a bar fabricating but not much more. as for the latch it is a direct fit, and dosnt require a overly strong solenoid to pop. I have fitted one to mine and works a treat no messing. I paid a whole £2 from he breakers yard for mine.
    I hope this helps

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I tried every route possible to get round it before I found this and none were really viable, like the secondry switch, in the tail gate handle wasnt the best thing for smooth boots and if you forget to knock off the insolation swich to the boot handle your boot is acsessable. so not good.
    I found that daewoo parts woked a treat on vauxhalls before.
    I did take something else of the daewoo that didnt work on the mk4 but may work on corsa's mk3 astra's and mk4 and, thats the remote fuel cap realese. I have spent all morning with different methods in doing it but it just aint happening on a mk4, but on a corsa astra ect the fuel cap and the realese shoud be a straight swap.
    If any one wants that they can have it from trax for a £5 complete with fuel cap of the nexia, fuel cap reasles and boot and fuel cap realese switch from the daewoo too