Thread: Got my car

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got my car

Picked my car up on Thursday! Am delighted with it. Am just planning what I can do to it though.

Looking at getting Rieger Astra 4 Infinity Side Skirts, Inac 3/5 door hatch rear spoiler - no light, Ultra Astra G lexus taillights.

Will be adding induction kit, air filter, strut brace under the bonnet. I like the Remus 003492 0572TD - rear silencer with 2 tail pipes Ø 102 mm Turbo Design exhaust as well.

Also looking to get the Pioneer DEH-P70BT and I need rear mud flaps. lol Electric wing mirrors are on the agenda as well.

Haven't decided on what front bumper and rear bumper I like though, or aftermarket alloys.

Hopefully things will go smoothly....

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice colour you got there - I remember when mine looked similar to that

Planned mods sound great - but please don't put lexus lights on it - they do nothing for an Astra. Irmscher tinted ones look great on a blue ones.

Don't do the induction kit either - you're bestter derestricting the airbox, fitting an inlet pipe of a vectra C diesel and adding a panel filter - all for about £50 (do a search on these they've been done to death over the years)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks good mate a ffoeg said nice colour and i wouldnt do the lexus lights either.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's it lads, get in there quick and stop the lexus infection before it begins

1.6 16v SXi is it? Make sure you check to see if the wiring loom is in place before you buy electric mirrors cos not all cars have it there ready to use.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    Very nice colour you got there - I remember when mine looked similar to that

Planned mods sound great - but please don't put lexus lights on it - they do nothing for an Astra. Irmscher tinted ones look great on a blue ones.

Don't do the induction kit either - you're bestter derestricting the airbox, fitting an inlet pipe of a vectra C diesel and adding a panel filter - all for about £50 (do a search on these they've been done to death over the years)
    Had a look at the Irmscher lights and not to keen on them at all. I'll have a look around for other lights - before my final decision.

The induction kit was a friend's idea (he's a mechanic), I'll speak to him about your suggestion as I haven't a clue what goes on under the bonnet, but'll learn. hehe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattSxi
    That's it lads, get in there quick and stop the lexus infection before it begins

1.6 16v SXi is it? Make sure you check to see if the wiring loom is in place before you buy electric mirrors cos not all cars have it there ready to use.
    Yeah it is a 1.6 16v SXi. Will check, thanks.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont get lexus lights plzzzz dont get them

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Third and fourth that!! no lexus lights and I learned the induction mistake the hard way, bought it first then asked questions a mistake that I won't be repeating. Luckily got rid of it for more than I paid for it on ebay to another unsuspecting asrtra owner. Wasn't you was it?

Your astra is a nice colour (same as mine), which now looks 10 times better just by changing that grill.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Give me some tail light suggestions then?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blue car + Irmy tints + debadged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast