Thread: Exhaust Question

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Exhaust Question

Im looking to replace the centre section of my exhaust so it removes the centre box, does anybody know who can supply me with one??
    On most astra G's the rear box is joint to the centre section with the 2 bolts, but on mine it has the older type of joint where the rear box slides over the centre section then has a clamp on it. Don't know why they did 2 types though, i could have understood it being like it on the early G's but mines a 54 plate so you would have thought it would have had the 2 bolt fitting.

Jamie

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust

Look on ebay I found a remus stainless steel section sleeve fitting for £70 + p&p straight pipe no box only 1 that i found hope that helps
    Astra 1.8 Sport Dropped 40mm on Vipertech Dropshocks. 17" Fox RS7 Alloys, Cat back Piper system with twin 3" strait cut tail pipes, De-ristricted Airbox with K&N filter and viper Cold air feed.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is not an older type of joint, as your car is a 54 plate, I assume that your your car is fitted with a Twinport engine. If so, an adapter is available to convert the centre piece to a 2 bolt connector, to allow fitment of the standard Irmsher back box. Part number i2008042, cost about £9.50 + VAT. This may not be of help as you are wanting to change the centre section but may give you more choices of exhaust.

Status
    Used to be a Gold Member
    but it fell off.
    Fortunately AndyH
    found the superglue...
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I went into my local zorst garage and they welded me up a section using the old piece of pipe.... Didn't cost that much ether and the sound is soooo much beter...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was thinking of making my own marv but its just getting hold of an old centre section as i dont fancy cutting mine up