Thread: wireless routers

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wireless routers

hi can anyone help me with wireless router the main prob is i aint got a clue what i,m doing been at it now sinse yesterday afternoon .carl

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what's the problem?

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where do i start i have the little box thing that plugs in my pc and the big box thing that plugs in to my phone but they say plug a cable in to the back of my pc and then into the back of the big box thing but if i do that then its not wireless also how do i get the big box to talk to the little box and the same with the wifes laptop which as built in wireless if that makes sense

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Usually, with wireless routers, you can still plug it into a normal PC, so u can get it up and running and check everything, (If the wireless router is gonna stay next to the PC anyway, its normal to just leave the cable in, rather than having a wireless link to that PC)
    then with the small box (I assume thats the wireless network card) u plug that into your wifes laptop and providing the wireless router is up and running, and u have installed the wireless network card onto the laptop, should work, (Theoretically!)

Should have a manual with the router? if so, check out the troubleshooting section if u still cant get it working,

Good Luck!!
    Astra Mk4 2.0 16v SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a wireless router for the two laptops but my two regular pc`s have network cables.

Its needs to be set up using a direct connection between the router and pc as far as I know. if you have wireless cards in all pc`s you could unplug it from the pc after that I guess.
    im bored !