Thread: Pointless waste of £40 - MOT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pointless waste of £40 - MOT

How pointless was that then. Car failed on 4 things.. sidelight bulbs the wrong colour.. erm.. they were bought from halfrauds therefore legal so not sure about that 1.

Headlight aiming was out meh!

Exhaust touching brake something or other valve.

Emissions.

Ok then.. right bulbs.. why not just replace the things... exhaust, the exhaust has not changed for the last 3 years so why only fail now ??

Headlight angle always fails but is usually adjusted at the mot as it takes about.. oh.. 7 seconds.

And now here's the real p**s take:
    When i booked the MOT i told them that the emissions would fail because of a lambda sensor. The ecu had picked up a fault because i had run the engine without the sensor in place. As it happens, the sensor has been put in place now but the ECU is ignoring it because it needs resetting to tell it a new 1 is there. Now that's the reason it's failed emissions.
    When i booked the MOT they said they could sort this out before MOTing the car... surprise, the woman who said that was not there today and the bloke doing the MOT said there was no time to do it... so what was the point in them doing the MOT ?? oh yeah.. to rip me off of £40 as i knew it was going to fail anyway.

Remind me not to use Hilsea MOT centre again... p.s. complaint going in about them as they failed legal bulbs and the exhaust got through the MOT at the same place 2 years ago with the exhaust as an advisory.
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry the hear that mate, some people are just complete *****s

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm afraid some testers these days, are right to**ers... I cannot believe its now £35/£40 for an MOT. I mean how much are those bits of paper actually worth, at most 50p maybe a £1 each to produce.
    Evil LED's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it is true.. the good news is though.. the new engine's good, the hubs, exhaust, brakes.. all work i done myself is spot on so im pretty proud about that.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the car isnt road legal and failed an MOT, its not their job to put the car right before an MOT just to test it, not their fault.

Get the bits sorted and get it re-tested
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but they said they would... after i asked specifically that they would.. but then they still mot'd it knowing it was wrong and it would fail and that i'd have to pay £40 for the priveledge

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to test cars about 10 years ago, if it failed on minor things and the owner was there I'd pass it... then do the work. Keep the customers happy I say otherwise they are not going to come back.
    Evil LED's

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    laws have changed now though and MOT testing stations can get in a lot of trouble!

when it comes down to it, if they had passed the car with things that were not right, and Nick had a crash with someone the car could in theroy be found not road worthy and there goes your insurance!!

Not worth the moaning in my book, get it sorted get it passed!

BTW Nick is the standard dash in? or is it still in bits? etc Just thinking if the car is looking half built they may have thought we are not passing this what ever happens!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it does look half built but the guy turned round and just blatantly said soryy no time to reset the ecu today.. and then got on with the mot... if i'd known about that then i wouldnt have bothered having an mot done as i knew it weas going to afil and they said thursday when i booked it that they would sort that first.. for a £35 charge.. byut noooo they wanted the extra £40 out of me,.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you not get 7 days to put things right anymore?

You certainly used to get a period of time to get it put right and then go back to same place and they will pass wihout extra charge?!
    Midnight Black 1.6 16v SXi

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast