Thread: Brembo conversion is delayed

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brembo conversion is delayed

Was told that my 325mm Brembo conversion would be ready by this Wednesday, expected delivery by today latest but nothing has arrived. E-mailed Godspeed with a message asking what the problem was and as I'd not be warned of a delay if he didn't reply by close of business today I would cancel the order. Got a reply within 30mins, seems he's had a problem with someone elses order and this has set mine back until next Mon/Tues. Also said that as he had made the bells but not the brackets I couldn't cancel the order and get a refund. Told him if they weren't in my hand by next Thursday I will cancel regardless and we can argue the toss in court.

Any ideas on how I stand, if they arrive by next week then no harm done I suppose but if not I'm going to read him the riot act.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i had the same probs with Hi spec i just let my bank get my cash back and they did i had to wait a few weeks but i got every penny back in the end

Godspeed are good for a small company they should have it done by monday for you give them a call and speak to him

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's half the problem Danny, he puts his phone on answer machine, you can't contact the guy. Not saying he's ripped me off or anything but the least he should do is keep you informed, although I was looking forward to fitting them this weekend I can understand that sometimes things happen. I'll just hang on and see what happens.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got mine here. http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/p...std_wheel.html 3 days , it took to arrive at my door.
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I was doing to buy a kit from godspeed but I had the same problem with him picking the phone up
    I sent him a email he called me back he was the one that told me what i needed for the van and did the discs for it as well top man. he has the answer machine on all the time as its a small work shop and cant hear the thing ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trust me, I work in a small company, and if you answered every phone call you'd get nothing done. Ever tried getting some work done and having two lines ringing all the time, and half the time it's some sales rep trying to get you to buy stuff.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Davey, I'd seen those but the price and the fact you may need wheel spacers put me off, plus I prefer slotted/drilled discs to match my rear Tarox Sport Japans. I'll bear them in mind though if I cancel the order with Godspeed.

I'll give him a little slack Danny, see if he redeems himself. Got somewhere to chrome the Z18 cam cover if you can find one Danny, he'll even buy my old one off me afterwards so he can chrome that and sell it on E-Bay. I might get the old one anodised though and see which I prefer. Going to see if I can custom make a coil pack cover out of stainless steel, might see if I can get it engraved with ASTRA 16V or something.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got drilled and grooved for the same price! can see them here...
    http://www.pure-formance.co.uk/main.asp?page=gallery

if you dont mind me asking how much are yours. i was told never to use that company, i know 3 people that have had probs . PM me if you want info.
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine were £995 plus £10 P&P. I upgraded to Ferodo DS2500 pads for an extra £50. I could have had any choice of disc, plain, grooved, drilled or both for no extra charge. I've read good and bad about Godspeed, however he was ok with me answering questions etc so I decided to chance it. I'm not saying he's bad but with his rep you'd think he'd be more careful about delays.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

hhmmm fingers crossed for you mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast