Thread: replacing electric aerial on the side of astra mk3 with a new one on the roof

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

replacing electric aerial on the side of astra mk3 with a new one on the roof

hi everyone .....i have asked this before but i dont think i made myself clear what i wanted to do so here goes.
    i want to get rid of the electric aerial on the side of an astra mk 3 and replace it with a new beesting type aerial on the roof.
    what i want to know is what is this cable for (the black one in the top left corner of image),what plugs into it and what should
    the other end of this black cable plug into - see link cos i couldnt post any images.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i have been told it is to amplify the radio signal and it connects to a wire (possibly blue)at the back of the cd player but i am not sure if this is correct.
    i have a VDO CD 441 XED CD Player/ RDS Tuner which just pushed into place and has no wires so where does it connect to.
    Got the cd player off ebay but no user manual with it so i cannot check any wiring diagrams in there.
    Can anyone help plz...thanx dyln

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    You have been told correct what that wire is for, get the extension cables needed and it all plugs into your headunit
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks
    You have been told correct what that wire is for, get the extension cables needed and it all plugs into your headunit
    thanx autosparks - will do it all one day next week