Thread: phase2 is it worth it?????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

phase2 is it worth it?????

what does the astra drive like with a fmic and phase2???? im very near to fitting my fmic <im allways at work looking after the scum of england >

anyway then ill be sending my ecu off again to regals im just a tat worried that the car will be a bit mad,,see its fast now and another 15-20bhp and more torque well i dont know.what do you all think who has been running the phase2 setup.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do it, but it can be manic at times. ITs not so much the power, but the torque steer can be quite nuts at times, especially on an uneven surface

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had my PH2 for a month or so now, and its great, I cant really comment on the torque steer, as my rubbish clutch cant put the power to the road, but its a real hoot to drive. I have never been in a car with PH1 installed, but I know 2 people who had CS2 (which has similar performance to PH1) and had the ECU overwritten with PH2 and both of them have not regretted it.

With PH2, its just a shame that the turbo starts to run out of boost at high revs, bring on PH3
    Astra GSi Turbo, SOLD

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys57
    what does the astra drive like with a fmic and phase2???? im very near to fitting my fmic <im allways at work looking after the scum of england >

anyway then ill be sending my ecu off again to regals im just a tat worried that the car will be a bit mad,,see its fast now and another 15-20bhp and more torque well i dont know.what do you all think who has been running the phase2 setup.
    I'll be getting my ECU back from Regals tomorrow so I'll let you know

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers guys,does it make your petrol last a bit longer if you dont drive like a nutter.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.