Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brembos and Astras--Do they fit?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brembos and Astras--Do they fit?

Looking real hard for a set of Brembos to fit to the front of my 1.8. I have 280mm discs at present but will be either upgrading to a Tarox Sport Japan 308mm or a Godspeedbrake 325mm. Think I prefer the Tarox TBH even though it's smaller. Keep spotting Brembos on E-Bay and the problem arises when you try and find one that's suitable. I've figured out the best solution is Radial calipers, easier to get brackets made up for. I know others on site have fitted Brembos, which ones are suitable for the Astra, need one that's ok with a 308 disc or 325 depending on which I decide to go with and also ok with the Astras disc thickness, which is what? 26mm? If you find a Brembo which takes say 28mm will it still be ok with 26mm discs if that's what the Astras use, so in other words how much leeway do Brembos have in relation to disc thickness.

Have no problem with clearance as I'm on 18" wheels.

Any advise greatly appreciated.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely someone must know the disc thickness of the Gsi front discs.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    ken they can be fitted no probs i put a set on my mates sri turbo they came off a leon cupra R parts was made up by god speed with there disc looks better with bells an rota have a look around willwood,ap there is lots about to play with

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you have to be very carefull with caliper clearance on the astra G not all fit!! Speak to Brembo direct they will give you the correct sizes and fitments.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cupra R calipers are large single pots each side, problem being they are thick and require alot of clearance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    you have to be very carefull with caliper clearance on the astra G not all fit!! Speak to Brembo direct they will give you the correct sizes and fitments.
    What do you mean by that Mat? thought so long as you chose a Brembo which is ok with the disc size and thickness that you intend to use and you have the correct brackets made and the size of wheel which you need, say 18" then almost any will fit. Am I missing something? I was hoping someone on site had done the conversion and could say "yeah Porsche/Seat/Ferrari fit ok with brackets"

Seems to be more complicated that I first thought.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Caliper clearance is dependant on the Offset of the wheels. Large calipers mean lower offset for clearance of the caliper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Using ET40 at present, which is pretty low for an Astra Mk4. Presume they should be ok?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    speak to godspeed i had a set of hispec 4 pots on with et35

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    Surely someone must know the disc thickness of the Gsi front discs.
    Only just seen this thread.

Do you still need the thickness of the GSI discs as I have a pair at work and can measure them in the morning.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast