Thread: Torn between SRi-T 52 & 02

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Torn between SRi-T 52 & 02

I have now found 2 cars i want, i will list the differences though to help you understand, need as much help/info has poss.

02 plate SRi-T 27k miles Black £9995

Absolutley mint in all ways. and comes with 6 mths tax, and is unmolested in anyway!

52 plate SRi-T 26k miles Silver £8995

6 stone chips, look like high speed sorta chips, car hasnt been cleaned at all since it arrived at there dealership, but its all dusty type dirt.
    Will not come with any road tax, and the big downer is its got a PiperX filter sponge, and also a dump valve!

I am torn, has i know it may have been abused, there seeems to be a bit of black oil at the dump valve too, or some sorta thick black stuff, not lots, just a tad, plus i dont know if the OEM dump valve is blanked off too.

I know you are all going to say get 02 plate one, but i if possible would like the silver one being 52 plate not 02 and also cheaper.

they say they will put it all back too standard, but then i am worried if they dont unblank the turbo dumpvalve something there might go wrong.

Whats your views, what can i say to dealership, to either get it cheaper and so on, i am worried the 1yr netQ warranty wont meen poo on the turbo.

many thanks

James UKengineer

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go for the 02 plate matey. Chances are the 52 plates been thrashed, it has all the indications, besides your only talking 6 months diffrence. At least then you have a blank plate to start moding matey, and have it how you want it . Go with your gut feeling
    Astra Coupe Turbo Edition
    230bhp remap air and exhaust mods

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always odd how people assume a modded car has been thrashed, yet there are hardly any standard cars on here

I know its nice to get an unmolested example, but the '52 sounds better value

you'll find a lot of the DV's leaking dirty oil, just the breather system recycling AFAIK

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    you could pick up a gsi for that kind of money mate if you look around

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I want one from a dealership for the netQ warranty, so cant get sriT or gsi for less, searched the country

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is quite a few GSI's for £10k buddy
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If itsa netq car then there is little to choose. Remember the newer one has had a harder life as its the same miles as the one 6-9 months older.

Ask for the previous keeper's details and call him/her - it should give you an indication of how it was treated - but modified in such ways can usually mean its been to a few cruises!!

check for any other chips before they do the bonnet - best get them all sorted now if you do go for that one.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would personaly take the dearer one, as it seems to be the better car. Not that I want to upset any Silver SRi-T owners out there but they do look mean in black. I am sure Clokey will oblige with a few pics of his car in due course, as he does not often miss an opportunity to show it off .

I am not saying all modified cars are abused, but, if its tatty, this will be a better indicator of how hard its life has been, also check the condition of the oil, water and so on. To me it sounds like the silver one is a bit spanked, and it is unlikely that it was enthusiast owned due to the addition of the Pipercross induction kit, as most stick with the box, and an uprated panel or the BMC carbon jobbie.
    Astra GSi Turbo, SOLD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It also worries me about the dumpvalve, whether it was done properly with the blankin sleeve, and if vaux dealer put right, would they take sleeve out? < defo not cus there all thick!
    would this sleeve still in and no dump valve harm the engine/turbo?

think if i do get it, i want the replacement parts for me to fit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also, its probably obvious, i would rather spend 8995, and do the chips properly with saved money, and also get a bmc airfilter or decent panel filter in derestriced box.
    Test driving tommorow, so will get back to you guys n girls.
    They did say turbo covered under NetQ warranty, so if its gonna go, i will make it go b4 1yr is up!.
    thanks for all replies so far
    most appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast