Thread: another question......

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

another question......

i have just got out of hospital today so i havent finished my dvd player and screens yet.

i have connectedmy dvd player up to the positive wire from the cd player wiring loom and the negative to it aswell.

so that should mean i have power to both cd player and dvd player.

cd player turns on like normal but the dvd player aint workin. i have connected the pioneer aux lead to the dvd player from out of the back of the cd player aswell.

can anyone help?

do i need to connect the positive, negative and the memory wires to get it to work or jus the ones i have already connected?

the dvd player is under warranty so i can send it back but dont want to send it back if i can do it myself.

sorry for the long post

Andy

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    you need to connect all 3 wires, postive negative and the memory wire for it to work
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok cheers. ill try that now and report back.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right.........

the power works and the dvd player is on! Thanks for the help with that.

but........

i have connected the aux cable from the back of my cd player to the dvd player so i can get sound through the speakers in my car. but the cd player aint recognisin there is an aux there. i have connected the cable to the cd changer cable on the back of the cd player and to the audio outputs on the dvd player.

is this correct?

the dvd player actually plays a cd but no sound is comin out of the speakers.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I think if you go through the options on your pioneer headunit you will find a function where you switch AUX on
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks. i didnt know it had to be turned on. i thought it was constantly on.

i have had everythin up an runnin tonight and am close to finishing everythin.

only problem i have is that the power for the two screens i have got, come from the cigarette lighter plugs on either screen.

i want to hardwire them onto the back of the lighter so i can still use it for running an inverter i have for my car.

so how do i wire up the power seein as there is only one wire per screen. how do i get a positive and negative to power the screens?

thanks

Andy

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's a Pioneer, on most of em, you need to turn the HU off, then hold down func till it brings up a menu (whilst switched off?!Go figure!) then go to Aux.

One thing you wanna be wary of is "cross-talk" basically, regardless of which source your listening to on the unit, you still get the Aux input coming through the speakers, in the background. So you could be listening to the Tuner, or CD, but still hear your DVD soundtrack through the speakers. Hopefully you'll get away with it if the DVD player is pretty good, but something to watch out for anyway.

If you do get it, I can suggest a solution.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I guess the one wire you see comming out of the ciggy lighter will be a twin core wire so cutting it back would show both wire. If you do this option take the ciggy lighter apart and the wire that goes to the centre pin in the live.

Alternativly get a adaptor that allows you to plug 2 or 3 ciggy plugs into the one, maybe hard wire that behind the dash so it can't be seen

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply. i have already cut the plug off the wire so i will have to do the first option tomorrow morning. i was getting tired and didnt want to mess anything up.

how would you connect the twin core to the back of the ciggy lighter? is it just a case of seperating the core and soldering it on?

Thanks

Andy