Thread: Sports Cat for Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Sports Cat for Coupe Turbo

Hi peeps, just after a little advice, Ive had all the air modifications done, even the dbilas air intake over the veci c pipe, and recentley had a 3" SS catback system fitted.
    My next modification was going to be precat and sports cat, but Ive heard that the sports cat dont make that much difference at all. So has anyone had one fitted? and are they worth fitting?

Cheers
    Astra Coupe Turbo Edition
    230bhp remap air and exhaust mods

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    get the precat done mate

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, precat makes all the difference, altho I had the 200 cell sports cat fitted at the same time
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Precat will make the biggest difference. If youre strapped for cash - invest next in a FMIC.

We had the pre cat and 200cell sports cat (full system) done at the same time, so although we can tell a difference, it's impossible to say what the sports cat has done.

Looking on ZLET, they have developed a full system with 100 cell cat which is emission compliant (on a std map so far). This has shown up to 235 bhp with the addition of the Pace FMIC.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    Precat will make the biggest difference. If youre strapped for cash - invest next in a FMIC.

We had the pre cat and 200cell sports cat (full system) done at the same time, so although we can tell a difference, it's impossible to say what the sports cat has done.

Looking on ZLET, they have developing a full system with 100 cell cat which is emission compliant (on a std map so far). This has shown up to 235 bhp with the addition of the Pace FMIC.
    That car has also been emissions tested since having a software upgrade, and whilst it is obviously not as kind to the environment as before , it still passed the emissions test.

I fitted my precat and catback exhaust in one go, and it made one hell of a difference, but by all accounts, most of the improvement came from the addition of the precat
    Astra GSi Turbo, SOLD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, but has anyone had the precat fitted then the sports cat done after, or vice versa and a difference? its just I was told that the sportscat was a waste of money, and that I should just do the precat.

Oh, and one maore thing, are the precats welded on the coupes? thats what Ive heard you see
    Astra Coupe Turbo Edition
    230bhp remap air and exhaust mods