Thread: Meg's 3 stage system

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meg's 3 stage system

I have cleaned, then clayed, then scratch X'ed the car, then done stage 1, which is supposed to remove oxidisation. The problem being that it hasn't! I am a little reluctant to use t-cut, but after doing a forum seach was not really any more clued up about what to use instead.
    I was watchin a program on discovery real time the other day, where they used a product on what looked like an angle grinder with a polishing attachment, and this cured extensive oxidisation, any ideas what this might be, or if its pro-only stuff?

Matt

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation how much oxidation?

G'day M4TT,

those products are good but not really designed to remove oxidation, perhaps very light oxidation...

In the UK u have access to Autoglym products, u may want to try their paint restorer in the red/white bottle I think. It should work. If its real heavy Poorboys have SSR polishes to do the job. Meg's has #80 glaze or a bit stronger #83 DACP which would do the trick but they do work best with a D.A.R.P.

If you can get hold of Klasse, their All-in-one is a great oxidation cleaner & sealant... I think in Europe Carlack has an equivalent to it? Meg's ColorX or Colour Boost is pretty good too...

The finish depends on the extent & depth of the oxidation but u can remove it by hand, u just need to work it in a bit harder & a couple of times...

Hope this helps a bit.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What actually is a glaze? Because i was under the impression it was something you put on right at the end, or as a sort of bring it back to shine, kinda thing, a couple of days after you had polished it etc.
    Secondly what is a D.A.R.P? Im assuming its the angle grinder thing i mentioned. Are they easy to use, or best left to professionals?
    Thanks for the help so far.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Technically glaze is a pure polish which is to a car's paint what moisturiser is to someones hands, does have fillers in it, to fill small swirls.

DACP is a stronger polish than scratch x and stands for dual action cleaner polish.

The buffer you wanna start out with is known as a Porter Cable, dual action polisher. Then maybe onto a rotary.

For oxidisation try Klasse AIO off of alex @ serious performance.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/detailcity/
    we detail.............not valet