Thread: where can i get standard fogs from!/

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

where can i get standard fogs from!/

i jus brought mk4 astra ls dont come with front fogs as standard, looking to get a set but from where? i guess all the wiring etc is in place already just a matter of connecting it up!? ne ideas where i can get it from other than vauxhall dealers as they charge the earth for everything!

Cheers

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You pretty much came to right site! This and Ebay. I got a spare fog you can buy if ya like, only the one, passenger side. Switch can be gotten from a scrappy, or speak to Dannysport18.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have got a set of standard fogs send me a PM
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    k, cheers guys, any1 got info on fitting them plz!?! Is there a section in the bottom grill that jus pops out? and is there a standard plug or connection already fitted?
    Also about the button do i jus unclip the blank and all the connections for the button are behind there?
    Sorry bout diggin for info, jus i aint got car till monday so cant really go and explore to find out!?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For fitting them you might have a struggle if your bumper hasn't already got holes in fo the fogs. There ain't any pop-outs. It'd be easier to get a bumper withs fogs already in - you'd need an SXi or SRi etc.

You are most probably (but not definitely) pre-wired for the lights - the connectors should be tucked up behind the bumper somewhere.

And you'll need a whole hew switch unit - that's headlamp's, dash dimmer etc.

But on the bright side, the new switch will just drop straight in.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My astra(comfort 2.0 dti) had all the wires there, and i cut out the holes by taking the bumper off. My mates astra LS didnt have the wires there.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any idea where i can get hold of one of switch units??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Even better than fitting the OE fogs is to fit the Hella Micro DE fogs. Made especially for Astras which came without fogs as standard, they don't fit ones with the cutout already BTW, comes with everything to get them to work but for neatness your much better off using Vx wiring if you have it. You will need the new switch, check E-Bay they have them on quite often, a fuse and a relay. Lots of Astras have the wiring near the bumper but don't have the connections in the fuse box, check the spade connectors are there BEFORE you start buying stuff. The Hella kit looks miles better than the margarine lid fogs that Vx fit, small, round and a great spread of light. This is one of the set I had fitted to my old bumper before I replaced it with the Reiger. Cost around £100 to buy but cheaper than another bumper. If you twist my arm hard enough I MAY part with my set. Excuse the condition I'd just taken them off after leaving the bumper on the grass for 2 months

52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.