Thread: Manchester area tracking & balancing help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Manchester area tracking & balancing help

Hi can any of you please recommend somewhere around the Manc area that can track, balance and align my Astra once I've got four new tyres, 18s refirbed, camber adjusters fitted etc

Most places I've been to for tracking etc have either ****ed it up or just plain refused to touch it due to it being lowered -40mm and on 18s.

Thanks for any help, ideas, tips, offers of 4 free 215/35/18

Sy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DRIVES A ASTRA COUPE!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave Sheldon on Deansgate Manchester is your man. Fitted my camber adjusting bolts, reset the camber angle, retracked it and only charged £60, not including the camber bolts which he can get BTW. My Astra is also lowered 35mm and is on 18" wheels. Top guy, very helpful.

Website addy http://www.davesheldonperformancetyres.co.uk/home.htm
    Can be a bit difficult to find at first, just go down the side of Garners, Peugeot.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

Yeah I went to Dave to get the original tyres put on my 18s. Didn't fill me with confidence when he argued with me that my 18s wouldn't go on, then once on that it wouldn't roll, then when rolling that I'd never get full lock...and finally that he had mistaken my Mk4 for a Mk3 hence him being so confident they wouldn't fit :lol and after all that wouldn't let me take all 4 of my old wheels in the car as it would "rub" with them in. So 2 cars with 2 of my old wheels in each later I escaped...but yet I can go 5 up with a full boot and not rub

Anyway I'll call down and see what he can sort out for me...also take my mate along that get's discount there

Cheers Oddjob

Sy