Thread: Bl**dy auto electrician!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Bl**dy auto electrician!

Riiight, I was looking for an auto electrician, and eventually used Autosafe clifton (york), and so far, have been messed about since friday!

Booked it in last monday, told them everything I wanted doing etc, and took it in friday. The manager tells me that they're still working on another car with some serious probs, so dont know how long they can spend on mine. I didnt kick up a fuss, just toddled off to do some shopping (30 mins drive from home, or an hours bus ride with no car!). Went back in later to find they hadnt done anything, so asked if I could leave it with them overnight and pick it up the next afternoon. They told me this was ok. Get there the next morning, all they've done is got it on the machine, not fixed the seat belt light, and put a switch in the dash (not connected to anything). I book it in for tuesday, and they then realise in the afternoon, that to put fog lamps in, you need to cut the bit of the bumper out! Why they didnt realise this the week before I dont know! They mentioned that they knew a bodyshop that could do it, so I asked them to get me a quote and ring me back.

They dont ring me back, I ring them this morning, and its already been sent to them and they've started it - without my authorisation!! And after being told the manager would ring me back - he didnt (again) so I ring him and he babbles on, telling me that the bodyshop has reasonable prices, but cant tell me how much its going to be!! So I'm still waiting on a price for it - which I am not going to be happy about if its something silly - I was intending on doing it myself if it was too expensive, and I'm currently gearing up for an argument!

Anyone else had a problem of a garage carrying out work you didnt authorise and expecting you to pay for it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    don pay for it. If you didnt authorise the work, then how can they expect you to pay for it?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Tell them bollards and you want the car back how you took it in. Tell them your gonna go to watch dog and write to the local press then stand back and watch the manager go white in the face as his stomach sinks lower than his @rse. lol

Seriously don't put up with his bullying tell him no way did you authorise it and no way are you gonna pay for something you can quite happily do it yourself.

jam
    annoyed at people who think they can extract the urine.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rang them up again - to find that its been done, and that they still havent had the price on the bodyshop cutting the holes out! (Funny bodyshop that does a job and doesnt tell you the price even when they've done it) I told them I wasnt paying anything stupid as I didnt authorise it, but the girl on the phone reckons that it really wont be much because it didnt take long - she then told me she'd ordered a fitting kit for the fogs as there wasnt anything with them - what? No screws?! She was making out like it was a big thing, until I rang VX, checked the EPC, and rang them back to find they'd meant relays and such. Thats great, an auto electricians that doesnt have switches in (i gave them one of mine to use) or relays... Worrying really... I'm giving them till friday morning as its getting awkward planning the trip - then I'm taking the car home in whatever condition and taking it further if they try anything stupid...Good job I've got a spare set of keys!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cut a long story short - rang place up as they hadnt rang me back AGAIN - and the girl starting ranting at me, then the manager came on and starting ranting at me, wouldnt let me say anything - and slammed the phone down on me! I was totally polite and calm, and they just kept on going mental at me - so shot down to the place to get my car back - they still, after a week, hadnt done most of the jobs, but my fogs were done - and this, is the result:

So after a week, this is what I'm left with (that I didnt authorise), as well as feeling furious that somebody in a customer service capacity would treat a customer like they did me. So, dont use autosafe clifton, and the 'bodyshop on clifton moor' ...I could have done a better bl**dy job myself!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is f'kin appaling work they've done - looks like stevie wonder's done that with a bread knife.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's bad

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personally i would take it back and say u want the car returned to exactl how ud left it (even if they have to buy a new bumper and fit it) aswell as all your money back,
    threaten to write to the local paper/trading standards,

then get the job done properly soemwhere else,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh dear, that is bad...Hope you get something sorted soon!
    If it's on, It's ON!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm definitely ringing trading standards tomorrow - no point in going back to the place as the manager is an ignorant piece of sh*t and just talks over you - and won't listen to anything you say. I told him the job was a load of crap and went - I took my girlf with me and she was being all nicey nicey with him, and she got sick of trying to talk to him as he was the same with her, as he was with me. How anyone can look at that and think its a good job is beyond me. How can I tell the whole world how bad they are?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast