Thread: MK4 Astra ECU

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MK4 Astra ECU

Just wondering, how clever is this ecu in the MK4? does it really register most faults with a car as VX seems to swear by if tech2 does not pick up any problems, there is nothing wrong with a car.

Can anyone tell me more about the ecu in the MK4 please?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The ecu in the MK4 is very good

ive been playing with different software to talk to it and what it stores im impressed with

but thats not to say its always right

Tech2 is a tool to help you diagnose a fault and should be used as such

saying no trouble codes means no faults is a bit of a cop out but thats my view

for most things the ecu will tell you whats up but if not, its down to good old fault finding

I had fault with the auto saying faulty shift solanoid chaged that still the same fault code comming up turned out to be a wiring fault so it can be wrong

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ITs like a computer - in fact it is very nearly one in its own right, however like a computer it is only as good as it is told, or knows about !

If it has a fault in wiring and it cannot communicate to the device it needs, then it will only know about the device not working. Its a good ECU, no doubt, but your being fobbed off Al, its as simple as that i'm afraid !